Cape Hauy Day Hike from Hobart2 Reviews
A taste of the iconic three capes track. Hike to the edge of Tasmania to Cape Huay, via stunning coastal scenery and epic sea stacks. Start and finish at Fortescue Bay. The day includes a picnic lunch and morning tea.
- Experience a taste of the iconic 'Three Capes Track': Cape Huay
- Enjoy stunning coastal cliff vistas - look down upon the totem pole and candle stick
- Taste excellent fresh Tasmanian produce for morning tea and lunch
- Visit and enjoy the beautiful white sand of Fortescue Bay
DescriptionEnjoy a scenic drive to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, via the seaside towns of Dunalley and Eagle Hawk Neck, learning the harsh convict history from this natural prison. Have morning tea with hot coffee and Tassie fruit, while overlooking the map for the day's walk. The hike to Cape Hauy is a 9 kilometer (about 6 miles) return walk. The first section is a great warm up for the day. The trail work is some of the best in the country, pleasantly placed rock steps, skirting the coastline then winding up in-land. Cape Hauy is the last leg of the newly opened Three Capes Track, jutting out into the Tasman Sea, the track concludes on the cliffs edge, 150M above the water. Enjoy panoramic views to Cape Pillar, Hippolyte Rock and Maria Island. View spectacular dolerite columns popular with dare-devil climbers. Gaze over the sea stacks known as the 'Candlestick' and 'Totem Pole'. On returning to Fortescue Bay, enjoy a picnic lunch by the beach. Soak your toes in the water, have a swim or walk the beach before you hit the road home.
IncludesPickup from Hobart Travel and Information Center Transportation to and from Hobart Morning tea/coffee and snacks Picnic lunch Two qualified local guides
- • All dietary options are available (please notify before hand). • Operates in most weather conditions (including wind and rain) so please dress appropriate to the weather. • Comfortable walking shoes are necessary (walk consists of 8km with many steps up and down). • Not for children under the age of 10
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability