My Guide Website?
Freycinet: 5.5-Hr Small Group Guided Walking Experience13 Reviews
Embark on a guided walking journey and aqua taxi experience. Hear local facts and stories as you discover the beauty of Wineglass Bay and off-the-beaten-path locations in Freycinet National Park.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy uninterrupted views of Wineglass Bay and Freycinet Peninsula from the lookout
- Stride along empty white beaches and discover secluded bays for a delicious picnic lunch
- Feel connected with nature as your guide explains the local history, geology, flora and fauna
- Feel the sand beneath you as you enjoy a morning tea at Wineglass Bay Beach
DescriptionStart the tour by meeting your guide and departing from Freycinet Lodge. Follow your dedicated guide over the spectacular Hazards mountain range to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, where views of the iconic bay will be sure to astound you. After a quick photo (your guide will be sure to take a group shot to send to you later), make the short descent along the Eucalyptus-lined trail to the pristine white sands of Wineglass Bay beach. Here your guide will offer a short break to enjoy a hot drink and take in the breathtaking scenery. The next leg will take you to the west of the peninsula to the stunning Hazards Beach. Leaving only your footprints, learn about the unique animals that call this special place home and the history behind its magnificent shores and pink granite peaks. From here, be guided to the southern-most point of the beach to enjoy a gourmet picnic lunch and wander along the beach looking for treasures. After exploring the beach, jump aboard the Freycinet Aqua Taxi to see the peninsula from a different perspective as you journey back to the Freycinet Lodge where you tour concludes.
IncludesHalf-day guided tour in the Freycinet National Park Local, knowledgable guide Small-group tour with a maximum of 8 guests Morning tea (hot drink and snack) on Wineglass Bay Gourmet picnic lunch 30-minute, one-way transfer back to Freycinet Lodge on the Freycinet Aqua Taxi
- This tour will take place in all weather conditions unless it is unsafe to do so
- Due to the nature of this tour including a boat journey, the itinerary may be adapted to suit weather conditions
- The tour operator will provide a day pack, water bottle, rain jacket, and sunscreen; please feel free to bring your own if you have these items