From Hobart: Cape Raoul Hiking Tour in Tasman National Park
Explore Tasmania's stark and magisterial beauty. Gaze off of some of the tallest sea-cliffs in Australia. Enjoy a picnic lunch of local Tasmanian produce along the way.
- Marvel at the southern ocean's grandiose sea cliffs
- Pick up local stories from experienced hiking guides
- Experience centuries of Tasmanian history through its diverse natural features, flora, and fauna
DescriptionAfter meeting your expert hiking guide bright and early in Hobart, you’ll head straight down the Tasman Peninsula towards the seaside towns of Dunalley and Eagle Hawk Neck. Learn about the grim history of the peninsula as a former penal colony during colonial rule as you gaze across the stunning Tasman Sea. Assessing the day’s route, enjoy some coffee, tea, and local Tassie fruit before setting off on the 8.6-mile roundtrip hike to Cape Raoul. Over the course of your journey, stop by many scenic viewpoints, appreciating the immensity of the sea cliffs and the ocean beneath. Tracing the line of the cliffs above the water, you’ll end at Cape Raoul, more than 600 feet above the booming surf. As you admire the panoramic view to Cape Pillar, Tasman Island, and Bruny Island, enjoy a picnic lunch of classic Tassie fare, before returning back on the same trail. After 5-6 total hours of hiking, head back to Hobart in comfort, with drop-off at your accommodation possible if within the city region. You’ll get back at around 5:30 PM, perfect timing to digest the stunning sights over dinner.
IncludesTransport from Hobart city meeting point Local guide to point out interesting places along the drive Morning tea/coffee/fruit Qualified hiking guide to show you the way Picnic Lunch National Parks Pass Accommodation drop-off Gratuities
- This tour covers 14 kilometers/8.6 miles. Please ensure you are capable of walking for up to an hour at a time over undulating terrain. Track Rating 4: rock-stairs, undulating terrain, exposed cliff lines, board walked with easy signed tracks.
- The hike is 5-6 hours in length, with no toilet facilities on track.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now