My Guide Website?
From Hobart: Full-Day Tahune Airwalk & Hastings Caves Tour19 Reviews
Walk through treetops, relax in thermal pools and explore a 40 million year old cave system.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit the Tahune Airwalk Forest Reserve
- Walk amongst the trees on the Cantilever 40m above the ground
- Discover Tasmania’s unique ancient trees on the Huon Pine Walk
- Walk above the river on the Swinging Bridges Walk
- Enjoy the guided Cave Tour, 40 m below the ground and Swim in the Thermal Spring
DescriptionWe set off from Hobart and make our way south, through the Huon Valley (Tassie’s apple growing epicentre) towards the tall, green Southern Forests. Our first stop is Tahune Adventures where a range of great short walks through native bushland await you. The most exhilarating is the Airwalk: a gravity-defying path suspended high in the canopy that gives a bird’s eye view of the entire forest. If you’re not quite ready to come back to earth, take the guided Swinging Bridges walk across a bouncy suspension bridge that hangs 100 metres over the Huon River. A more relaxed option is a gentle stroll along the riverbank amongst ancient Huon Pine trees. From there we travel to Hastings Caves for a chilled lunch, a warm dip in 28°C thermal pool, and the Hot Springs Nature Trail… before going underground. A Parks & Wildlife guide will lead you through Tassie’s most famous cave, Newdegate Cave, a dramatic dolerite cathedral decorated with stalactites, stalagmites and flowstone formed 40 million years ago. On the journey home, we stop at our favourite roadside stalls to load up on fresh produce and local handcrafted treats after an action-packed day.
IncludesTahune Adventures entrance fees National Park entrance fees Hastings Caves & Thermal Springs Pool fees Guided Tour of Hastings Caves Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides Informative tours and guided walks A small group limit of 20 people per tour Pick-up and drop off from selected hotels
- •This tour will involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities, subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- There is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way or you are welcome to bring along your own packed lunch
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle/drinks; snacks; and lunch (or buy it on the day)