My Guide Website?
from Hobart: Mt. Field, Mt. Wellington and Bonorong Tour132 Reviews
Soak up Tasmania’s pure and wild nature in a day of rainforest walks, picturesque waterfalls, wildlife and misty mountaintops.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore the Mt. Field National Park
- Walk to the beautiful Russell Falls
- Count the stairs on the way up to Horseshoe Falls
- Be amazed by the Giants above on the Tall Trees Track
- Visit Bonorong Wildlife Park and enjoy a formative tour with the wildlife staff
Description: Mount Field is one of Tasmania’s oldest National Parks, and surely the prettiest. Only 1.5 hours from Hobart, this natural wonderland features lush temperate rainforest, moody alpine moorland and cascading waterfalls. It’s a place of serenity and great short walks – and there are plenty on the agenda. The Three Falls Circuit takes us to iconic Russell Falls, where water pours over rock in three perfect tiers. We push on through dappled light and ferns glades to reach the peaceful Horseshoe Falls, before joining the Tall Trees Trail where towering Swamp Gums stretch over 80 metres into the sky. From here our keen walkers can continue to Lady Barron Falls to complete the loop. Next up is Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary where you’ll meet all kinds of native wildlife. Learn about Tasmania’s rare and precious fauna during an informative wildlife tour conducted by the expert staff at Bonorong. Our final stop is the summit of kunyani/Mount Wellington, standing proud behind Hobart at 1271 metres above sea level. If your eyes aren’t watering from the icy air, they will be from the sweeping views. See the entire city, surrounding mountains and Derwent river system sparkling at your feet.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Wildlife Park entrance fee Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides Informative tours and guided walks A small group limit of 20 people per tour Pick-up and drop off from selected hotels
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; a hat; sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks and lunch (or buy it on the day)