My Guide Website?
From Hobart: Wineglass Bay Active Day Tour58 Reviews
Join this action-packed huge day out exploring the vibrant landscapes of Freycinet National Park. Walk to the Wineglass Bay lookout to see one of the World’s Top 10 Beaches and much more.
- Explore Freycinet National Park
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
- See Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park: Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
DescriptionDepart Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. Travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea as you make your way to Freycinet National Park. Freycinet is one of Tasmania’s first National Parks, and the area is famous for its stunning coastal landscapes. Colorful granite mountains form the backdrop for secluded bays, pristine waters, white sandy beaches, local wildlife, and a variety of walking trails to explore the area. As you enter the Freycinet peninsula, make a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in the local oysters, mussels, or crayfish, fresh from the surrounding waters. Walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout; this is a moderate uphill walk of around 45 minutes. Once at the top you are rewarded with that world-famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. Enjoy the moment, take in the views, and let your guides help you with those sought-after photographs. The walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout is one of the Great Short Walks of Tasmania and requires good mobility and adequate fitness. It is 1.3 kilometers uphill, before returning downhill. From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with your tour guide, or keen hikers can choose to spend the rest of their time completing the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach. The Wineglass Bay Beach Walk is a 2.5-hour return walk and good fitness is required. The tour allows ample time for you to do the full walk to Wineglass Bay Beach and return. Once on the beach you can enjoy your lunch in this stunning setting, jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. This is one of the most rewarding walks in Tasmania. If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, return from the Lookout with your guide to explore other areas of Freycinet National Park. Visit Honeymoon Bay or Cape Tourville Lighthouse, take the Great Short Walk, and/or visit Sleepy Bay lookout. After around 4 hours at Freycinet National Park, re-group and get ready to begin the trip back to Hobart. Make the final stop for the day, a visit to Kate’s Berry Farm. Reward your hiking efforts with one of Kate's delicious berry ice creams or other sweet treats. Return to your Hobart accommodation in the evening.
IncludesPick up from select city center hotels and hostels Airport drop-off available on request with prior arrangement National Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; a hat; sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks and lunch (or buy it on the day)