From Hobart: Wineglass Beach Day Trip
Head to Freycinet National Park for the day with a qualified guide. Hike to the Wineglass Beach, voted one of the top 10 beaches in the world. Taste fresh oysters and homemade desserts.
- See the stunning Freycinet National Park, one of Tasmania's oldest nature reserves
- Relax on the spectacular Wineglass Bay Beach
- Enjoy local delicacies, including oysters and homemade desserts
DescriptionGet picked up from your accommodation in Hobart and travel to Tasmania's beautiful eastern coastline. Pass through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea on the way to the historic Freycinet National Park, famous for its stunning coastal landscapes. Explore the park's renowned walking trails, while spotting local wildlife and taking in views of secluded bays backed by pink granite mountains and pristine waters lapping the shores of white sandy beaches. Make a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm as you enter the peninsula to taste some fresh local oysters from the surrounding waters. Without further ado, get the day's hike underway. Choose to make the first half of the trek to Wineglass Bay Lookout with your guide at a leisurely pace while listening to informative commentary about the area, or hike at your own pace and enjoy the tranquility of the pristine natural surroundings. Get rewarded at the end of the 45-minute uphill trek with views across the bay. Then make a steep downhill hike to the stunning Wineglass Beach. Walk barefoot along the white sand to the beach's southern end to take in amazing views of the Hazard mountains. Relax, eat lunch, and go for a dip in the clear blue water before making the return hike along the walking trail to meet your guide and head back to Hobart. Stop off on the drive back for homemade ice-cream and other desserts with various jams, sauces, chocolates, and jellies at a local berry farm. Arrive back at your Hobart City accommodation around 6:30 – 7:00 pm.
IncludesNational park entrance fee Professional guide and commentary Small-group tour Hotel pickup and drop off from select Hobart locations Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement Food and drinks (you may pack your lunch or pick it up at a bakery during the tour) Pickup from AirBnB accommodation and private residences
- Although the hike is classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness is recommended
- All tour participants should be prepared for various weather conditions
- Participants will be educated on Minimal Impact Bushwalking and the Leave No Trace policy before entering the park. Activities are always confined to paths and boardwalks to minimize negative impacts.
- Hotel pick ups need to be arranged directly with the tour operator prior to departure. Airport drop offs can also be arranged with the operator upon booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability