My Guide Website?
From Launceston: Cradle Mountain Day Tour24 Reviews
Explore Cradle Mountain National Park on a tour designed for the active traveler. Set off on a series of short walks as well as longer options through this stunning UNESCO World Heritage-listed area.
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular Dove Lake
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout
DescriptionAfter departing Launceston, enjoy a short stop in Sheffield – 'The Town of Murals' and explore this quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town. This includes the opportunity to see the famous Eason’s Mural. Continue into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before you. Begin with a series of short walks before moving on to a longer walking options for the rest of the day. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marion’s Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream and watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat. Your guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy walks that best suit them and the day ahead. On your return to Launceston, stop to refuel and refresh at the delicious Van Diemans Land Ice Creamery and Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm. The perfect way to end an exciting day out.
IncludesNational Parks entrance fees Professionally guided and interpreted walks Select central Launceston hotel and backpacker hostel pick-up and drop off
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years.
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility.
- Please bring, sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle.