My Guide Website?
From Launceston: Full-Day Wineglass Bay Explorer Tour26 Reviews
Visit Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park with opportunities to enjoy the local seafood, wine and history along the way.
- Explore Freycinet National Park on a variety of trails
- Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Discover the highlights of Freycinet National Park, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the easy 20-minute Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy a moderate 45-minute walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
DescriptionDepart Launceston traveling through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. Make a short stop in Campbell Town. Discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures. Enter the Freycinet National Park and admire the sight of The Hazards mountain range. Begin by stretching your legs on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse circuit. One of Tasmania’s Great Short Walks, this easy 20-minute walk provides spectacular 360-degree views of the surrounding coastline. Next, walk for about 60 minutes to the Wineglass Bay Lookout. Once at the top you are rewarded with the world-famous view of Wineglass Bay and the stunning Freycinet National Park. From the Lookout you have the option to return to the start of the walk with the tour guide, or for the keen hikers, you can choose to spend the rest of your time completing the Wineglass Bay beach hike and enjoy some time on the famous beach. The Wineglass Bay Beach hike is a 2.5-hour return walk and good fitness is required. Once on the beach, you can jump in the pristine waters for a swim, or wander along the white sands. If you prefer to select the shorter walking option, return from the Lookout with the tour guide, where you will have time to relax at Honeymoon Bay in the afternoon. The final stop on the East Coast is the stunning Devil’s Corner Winery, where you will have time to take in the magnificent view. On site, you can choose to purchase some wine tasting, wood-fired pizza, fresh seafood, or ice cream. Then, relax on the journey back to Launceston.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups Pickup and drop-off from select central Launceston hotels
- This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm & weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks; and a packed lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromA$140.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today