My Guide Website?
From Launceston: Full-Day Wineglass Bay Explorer Tour30 Reviews
Visit one of the world’s Top 10 most beautiful beaches, discover convict history and relax at a vineyard in this not to be missed East Coast adventure.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Explore Freycinet National Park on a variety of trails
- Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Discover the highlights of Freycinet National Park, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the easy 20-minute Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Visit Devils Corner Winery and enjoy seafood, wine or pizza
DescriptionWe depart Launceston and enjoy a short stop at the Georgian township of Campbell Town for supplies and convict relics. From there we head east, greeted by a spectacular view of The Hazards as we enter Freycinet National Park. A short-but-sensational 20 minute walk along the Cape Tourville Lighthouse circuit reveals 360 degree views before we hike to the Wineglass Bay lookout as a group. This 45 minute ascent gets the heart pumping before revealing one of the best vistas in the Southern Hemisphere. Gaze out over treetops to a sweeping vista of white sand and turquoise water, soaking in the beauty of Wineglass Bay. Depending on how active you’re feeling, you can extend your hike down to the beach for swimming, relaxing and dolphin spotting or return from the lookout with your guide to check out Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay and Cape Tourville Lighthouse. The afternoon brings us to Devil’s Corner winery, perched high on a hill overlooking Freycinet. It’s the ideal place to kick back with a glass of wine, fresh seafood platter, woodfired pizza, tea, coffee or artisan gelato at the end of an action-packed day!
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides Informative tours and guided walks A small group limit of 20 people per tour Pick-up and drop off from selected hotels
- This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm & weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks; and a packed lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch