My Guide Website?
Hobart: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Via Richmond59 Reviews
Explore the must-see sites of Tasmanian's stunning east coast on a full-day tour via historic Richmond. Visit Wineglass Bay and Freycinet National Park. Discover white sandy beaches, serene bays, rugged coastline and much more, with an expert guide.
- Take in expansive views of Hobart, the Derwent River and Mount Wellington
- Visit historic Richmond, a picture-perfect town with the oldest convict-built bridge still in use in Australia
- Stop at Buckland Church and learn the story behind its 14th century stained glass windows
- Explore Freycinet National Park's pristine beaches, rugged coastline, serene bays and granite formations
- Walk with knowledgeable local guide to Wineglass Bay Lookout
DescriptionDiscover the history and natural beauty of Tasmania's stunning east coast on this full-day tour from Hobart to Wineglass Bay. Before leaving Hobart you will take in expansive views of the city, Mount Wellington, and the Derwent River from Rosny Hill Lookout. Then visit historic Richmond, where you can admire the oldest convict-built bridge still in use. Travel on to Tasmania's east coast through farmland and forest with a stop at the quaint church in Buckland to marvel at 14th century stained glass windows. Follow the Great Eastern Drive through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea, with stops at Raspins Beach, Spiky Beach, and a second convict-built bridge, Spiky Bridge. Explore Freycinet National Park, including a guided walk to Wineglass Bay Lookout. The views of this world-renowned beach will take your breath away. Enjoy more stunning coastal views, white sandy beaches, and inviting crystal clear water when you visit Cape Tourville, Sleepy Bay, Honeymoon Bay, and Friendly Beaches. If fresh seafood is something you fancy, stop at Devils Corner Winery where the Freycinet Marine Farm has an outlet, where you can indulge in an array of local seafood, wood-fired pizza and wine, while enjoying spectacular views of the Hazards and Great Oyster Bay. At Kate's Berry Farm you can have the best coffee on the East Coast and be tempted by chocolates, jams, homemade desserts, and ice cream before returning to Hobart.
IncludesNational Parks Pass Local knowledgeable guide Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hobart (airport drop-off can be arranged on return)
- This tour is not suitable for children aged under 8 years old • The tour involves some walking, so please advise your guide of any preexisting medical conditions
- If you would like to walk down to Wineglass Bay Beach, this can be arranged with your guide in advance (upon departure). Bear in mind this is a steep track requiring a higher level of fitness
- Airport drop off for flights leaving after 7:30 PM can be arranged. The operator will not be liable if flights are missed due to unforeseen circumstances