My Guide Website?
Launceston: Tamar Valley Private Food & Wine Tour
Go on a sensory journey with some of the Tamar Valley’s creative locals in the lively food and wine scene. Experience intimate tastings with winemakers before savoring Tamar’s fresh flavors over lunch.
- Experience intimate tastings with Tamar Valley winemakers
- Embark on a Tamar Valley tour with a local experiential Tasmania guide
- Savor seasonal local produce over lunch with a complimentary glass of Velo
- Admire the architecturally stunning Stoney Rise Wine Company cellar door
- Travel to and from the vineyards in comfortable transportation
DescriptionDiscover the Tamar Valley on a local level with a locally curated private food and wine tour. Delight your palate with intimate tastings with winemakers before savoring Tamar’s seasonal produce over lunch. Take a stroll through beautiful vineyards and get magnificent views of the Tamar River. After a pickup from your accommodation and a detailed briefing of your day ahead, take a short drive up the beautiful Tamar River to your first stop at Utzinger Wines. Join Swiss winemaker Matthias at his by-appointment vineyard to indulge in an exclusive and intimate tour and tasting experience. Over the hill and not too far away, your next stop is the Stoney Rise Wine Company. Meet Joe and Lou Holyman who have the reputation of being among Tasmania’s best wine producers. Discover their picturesque vineyard, and admire the brand-new cellar door, that gazes out over the estate and the meandering Tamar River beyond. Join Lou for a tutored tasting to uncover the complex layers of personality in each wine. Crack open the doors to Timbre Kitchen, where the aromas of woodfire cooking hint at the sensory journey that is yet to come. Matt Adams (owner and head chef) and his team deliver a creative menu, perfectly paired with a relaxed dining experience. Their food is contemporary and unique; yet subtle and homely, using seasonal produce from local Tamar Valley meaning that Timbre’s progressive menu is ever-evolving. Taste all the flavors of the Tamar, paired with a complimentary glass of Velo wine, before returning you to Launceston.
IncludesPrivate Tamar Valley tour Local guide Hotel pickup and drop-off Water and snacks Vineyard and wine tasting at Utzinger Wine tasting and a small snack at Stoney Rise Wine Company Set lunch and a glass of wine at Timbre Kitchen
- This tour is available Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Monday - Wednesday on request with possible alternative visits due to producer opening hours) The winemakers are not always available and other vineyard staff may be taking the experience This tour operates in all-weather conditions