Launceston to Hobart via Wineglass Bay Full-Day Excursion7 Reviews
An action-packed day tour from Launceston to Hobart via the world-famous Wineglass Bay and Tasmania's stunning East Coast.
- Explore Freycinet National Park
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout (moderate uphill walk 45 mins)
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
- Visit the beautiful Honeymoon Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Visit the historic Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm – delicious!
- Check out the unusual convict built Spiky Bridge
DescriptionThe tour departs from Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring the delights and highlights of the East Coast before finishing your day in Hobart. Your drive takes you through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. Make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town. After a brief stop in Campbell Town, travel to the East Coast, where you catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters. Once inside Freycinet National Park, begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. Walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach (2.5 hour return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands. Or, if you prefer to select the shorter walking option, you can explore other areas of Freycinet with your tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay and the Cape Tourville Lighthouse “Great Short Walk”. The tour re-groups, ready for the onward journey to Hobart. Last but certainly not least we stop at Kate’s Berry Farm in the seaside township of Swansea. Here Kate is serving up delicious Berry Ice-creams and other sweet delights such as jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies. You will then return to your Hobart central city accommodation around 06:30 PM – 07:00 PM. (Airport drop offs around 06:00 PM – 06:30 PM – available only with arrangement at time of booking).
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups Central Launceston and Hobart hotels and hostel pick-up and drop off Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement Food and drinks You may bring your lunch with you or there will be a stop to give you an opportunity to purchase a bakery style takeaway lunch on the day
- This tour is active and visit National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking
- Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health & fitness and physical abilities is essential
- Please dress appropriately for the conditions of the day
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability