My Guide Website?
Mt Wellington, Mt Field, Bonorong & Richmond Day Trip317 Reviews
Enjoy a day trip from Hobart to explore Tasmania’s wildlife. Explore Mt. Field National Park, summit Mt Wellington, stroll the quaint streets of Richmond and meet Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover Tasmania's wild wilderness on a day trip from Hobart
- Visit Tasmanian Devils and hand feed kangaroos at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Reach the summit Mt Wellington for panoramic views over Hobart
- Take a step back in time and enjoy the history of Richmond
- Check out Tasmania's best waterfalls at Mt Field National Park
DescriptionThis nature lover’s day trip begins with pickup from Hobart hotel. Then, journey through the picturesque Derwent Valley. Drive past Australia's oldest operating pub. Continue on to Mt. Field National Park, where Russell Falls is a must-see. Stroll underneath enormous fern forests and some of the world’s tallest trees to the waterfall. Next, follow the freshwater back to New Norfolk, where your guide will explain its interesting history. Stretch and grab a bite to eat before the next stop. Head to a Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to hand-feed kangaroos and discover Tasmanian devils. End your day in the picturesque town of Richmond before returning to Hobart. The Mt Wellington summit time depends on the weather (cloud cover) and will either be early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transport Local guide Small-group tour Entry fee
- This activity is a small-group tour with a maximum of 20 guests per trip
- We are able to pick you up from most locations within the central Hobart area. Pick up time will fall between 7:35am to 7:50am. you will be contacted a day before the travel date to confirm the pickup time and location.