Mt Wellington, Mt Field, Bonorong & Richmond Day Trip124 Reviews
Enjoy a day trip from Hobart to explore Tasmania’s wildlife. Explore Mt. Field National Park, summit Mt Wellington, stroll the quaint streets of Richmond and meet Tasmanian Devils at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Discover Tasmania's wild wilderness on a day trip from Hobart
- Visit Tasmanian Devils and hand feed kangaroos at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary
- Reach the summit Mt Wellington for panoramic views over Hobart
- Take a step back in time and enjoy the history of Richmond
- Check out Tasmania's best waterfalls at Mt Field National Park
DescriptionThis nature lover’s dream day trip begins with pickup from your centrally located Hobart hotel. Then, journey through the picturesque Derwent Valley. Drive by Australia's oldest continuously operating pub. Continue on to Mt. Field National Park where Russell Falls is the star attraction. Take a short stroll underneath enormous fern forests and some of the world’s tallest trees to the waterfall. After the calming effects of the tranquil walks, you'll follow the fresh water back to New Norfolk, where your guide will explain it's interesting history. Stretch your legs and grab something to eat before the next stop. Head to a Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary to hand feed kangaroos and discover Tasmanian devils. End your day at the picturesque town of Richmond before the return journey to Hobart. The Mt Wellington summit time will depend on the weather (cloud cover) and will either be first thing in the morning or last thing in the afternoon.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transport Local guide Small-group tour Mt. Field National Park entry Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary entry
- This activity is a small-group tour with a maximum number of 11 guests per trip
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability