My Guide Website?
Port Arthur: Day Tour from Hobart132 Reviews
Take a jaw-dropping walk along Australia’s highest sea cliffs before discovering the dark history of Port Arthur Historic Site
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in spectacular views from the Waterfall Bay cliff-top walk
- See the Devils Kitchen and Tasman Arch in Tasman National Park
- Enjoy a complimentary Harbor cruise around the Isle of Dead
- Enjoy 4 hours exploring the fascinating Port Arthur Historic Site
- Wander through the beautiful Richmond Village before returning back to Hobart
DescriptionTravel with us from Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula, where the might of the Southern Ocean has carved spectacular caves and arches into solid rock. Meet Tassie’s coastline at its rugged finest. It’ll take your breath away. Spend the morning walking along 300 metre high clifftops, pausing at majestic lookouts to watch giant waves crash against dolerite spires. Visit Pirates Bay, Waterfall Bay, Tasman Arch and the famous Devil’s Kitchen, ticking all the best views off the list. Port Arthur is up next, where impeccably preserved ruins offer a chilling glimpse of life as a Tasmanian convict. Spend four hours exploring this World Heritage open air museum, including a complimentary harbour cruise around the Isle of the Dead and fascinating site talks. Our last stop is the unmissable Richmond, a historic village filled with quaint stone buildings, ye olde lolly shops and Australia’s oldest bridge! This sandstone beauty was built by convicts and is thought to be haunted. You be the judge.
IncludesPort Arthur Historic Site entrance fee Port Arthur Harbor Cruise Friendly and knowledgeable tour guides Informative tours and guided walks A small group limit of 20 people per tour Pick-up and drop off from selected hotels
- This tour is active and involves some walking Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical ability is essential
- This is an outdoor activity, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- The minimum age to participate is 8 years; there is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- Bring sensible shoes for walking, warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen, a large water bottle, snacks, and lunch (or buy it on the day)
- There is no pick up from Airbnbs or private residences