My Guide Website?
Strahan: Gordon River Cruise with Buffet Lunch51 Reviews
Join a multi award-winning wilderness tour and experience quiet cruising with electric motors, while taking in the tranquility of the Gordon River. Enjoy a chef-prepared buffet lunch, and interpretation on the area's history from dedicated local guides.
- Feast on a freshly-prepared buffet lunch
- Experience the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area through floor-to-ceiling glass windows
- Soak up the serene beauty of western Tasmania
- Visit Sarah Island, a former convict settlement and shipyard
- Enjoy 'first access' on the Gordon River for the best chance to experience the famous reflections
DescriptionExperience a multi award-winning cruise in the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area. Departing from Strahan on Tasmania's west coast, this cruise offers a half-day adventure on the Gordon River aboard a sleek, purpose-built tour vessel, the 'Spirit of the Wild'. You will experience cruising while taking in the tranquil surrounds of the Gordon River. Your dedicated guides and character-based interpretation will take you through the history of this remarkable place, as you cruise across Macquarie Harbour to Hells Gates and then on to the Gordon River. You will later enjoy a buffet lunch or snack of local Tasmanian foods and beverages. Complimentary Tasmanian red, white and sparkling wines are available for Premiere Upper Deck guests, as well as beer, juice, tea, and espresso coffee. A cash bar is available on the vessel's Main Deck This Gordon River cruise uniquely offers commentaries in German, French, Cantonese, and Mandarin. At no cost, passengers can use the headsets to hear about a number of key points of interest. You can also later continue to explore the ruins of Sarah Island, a former penal colony from the 1820s and 1830s, before returning back to Strahan.
IncludesDedicated on-board guides Chef-prepared buffet lunch (on the morning cruise only) Restroom on board Quiet cruising under electric motors while on the Gordon River Live commentary on board Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities Alcoholic drinks, unless you travel on the Premier Upper Deck (a cash bar is available on the main deck)
- Infants are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- This tour is wheelchair accessible on the main deck only (motor scooters are not permitted due to size limitations)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers (in the highly unlikely event that it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund)
- A cash bar is available on the vessel's main deck
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now