My Guide Website?
Tasmania: 7-Day Tasmania Highlights Tour29 Reviews
Explore Tasmania's nature, wildlife, and history on this 7-day highlights tour. See the best of the island from the wild west coast to the east coast, Cradle Mountain, and the Tasman Peninsula.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk amongst some of the tallest trees on earth as you explore Mt Field
- Get wild on the rugged west coast and discover endless forest and sand dunes
- Walk through Cradle Mountain National Park, one of Tasmania's must sees
- Marvel at the views of Wineglass Bay, the jewel of Freycinet National Park
- Visit Richmond Village, Tasman Peninsula, and Tasman National Park
DescriptionDay 1: Hobart to Strahan Departing Hobart, your tour of Tasmania/lutruwita begins in Mount Field National Park. Walk among the world’s tallest eucalyptus trees and discover the cascading Russell Falls. The incredible scenery continues at Lake St Clair (Australia’s deepest freshwater lake), and the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. You’ll learn about Tasmania’s mining history in Queenstown before arriving in the village of Strahan where we’ll spend the next two nights. Day 2: Wild West Coast Discover the West Coast’s wild and rugged coastlines and rainforests. Walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall, Montezuma Falls, within the ancient rainforests of the Tarkine/takayna. At the coast we’ll explore Henty Sand Dunes and Tasmania’s longest stretch of sand at Ocean Beach. Or today you can choose an outstanding nature cruise on the beautiful Gordon River (own cost). Day 3: Cradle Mountain to Launceston Discover Cradle’s alpine and glacial-carved wilderness as you look for wombats, echidna, and other Tasmanian wildlife. Choose from a variety of world-class walks, such as the track to the summit of Marion’s Lookout, or the Dove Lake circuit. Later today we'll drive to the city of Launceston via the colourful town of Sheffield, known as the Town of Murals. Day 4: Launceston to Bicheno Explore Launceston's lovely Cataract Gorge which is a great place for seeing wallaby. Travel to the Bay of Fires/larapuna and learn about the spiritual connection of the land to Tasmanian aboriginal people/palawa. Walk along pristine white sands with its turquoise waters with striking orange boulders. We will spend the night in Bicheno, home of the little penguin. Day 5: Freycinet National Park Walk to Wineglass Bay or climb to the summit of Mt Amos. We'll visit the Cape Tourville lighthouse before returning to Hobart/nipaluna. Day 6: Tasmanian Devils, Richmond and Wellington Park Today we'll meet Tasmanian devils at Bonorong wildlife sanctuary, before exploring the heritage village of Richmond. Back in Hobart we'll show you some of our favourite spots on Mount Wellington/kunanyi. Tonight, unwind in one of Hobart's historic pubs or restaurants. Day 7: Port Arthur and the Tasman Peninsula Discover the rugged coastal scenery and epic convict history of the Tasman Peninsula/turrakana. Visit Port Arthur, Australia’s best preserved convict settlement. Later today we'll walk to the stunning Crescent Bay, before returning to Hobart.
IncludesAccommodation for 6 nights Guided commentary Guided walks and non-guided walking options National park entry fees Entry to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary Port Arthur Historic Site entry and harbor cruise Pickup and drop-off from centrally located Hobart city locations. Airport drop-off also available on request
- • This tour offers hostel and motel-style accommodation options. Motels have private rooms with ensuite facilities. If booking the twin or double options, a minimum of 2 persons is required. The activity provider is unable to match up single travelers with twin-share options. Hostel rooms are same-gender dorm rooms with shared same-gender bathrooms. Your own toiletries and towels are required. Hostel twin/double and single rooms have shared same-gender bathrooms • Passengers can bring up to 20kg of luggage which will be stored in the trailer during travel days • In many locations, there is a choice between easier or more advanced walks. You can make this tour as active or as easy as you like. The walks are optional and range from 20 minutes up to 4 hours