Tasmania in 3.5 Days: Strahan, Cradle Mountain, and Mt Field
Travel through the destinations of Strahan, known for clean air and untouched forests, Russell Falls, Mt. Field, Cradle Mountain, and Launceston. Explore Tasmania's wild West Coast on a 3.5 day trip with 3 nights of accommodation included.
- Experience Strahan, known for clean air, untouched forests, wild rivers, and rugged coastline
- Explore Russell Falls, Mt Field National Park tall trees, and Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair
- Discover the Henty Dune, Tarkine Rainforest, and Tasmania’s highest waterfall, Montezuma Falls
- Visit World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park
- Checkout the northern city of Launceston and town of Sheffield
DescriptionDay one: Hobart to Strahan Begin your trip with a pick up around 7:00 AM and drive through the Derwent Valley. Travel east to west across the island. See the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park tall trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. Explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan, where you will stay overnight. Day two: Wild West Coast In the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast, explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes. Then continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall, Montezuma Falls. Or you can choose to join the world-famous Gordon River Cruise at your own expense. Stay overnight again in Strahan. Day three: Cradle Mountain to Launceston Around 950 meters above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park. Here, choose a walk to take. With an extensive range of tracks, you can stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. After, take a short drive through Sheffield, the town of murals, to Launceston for your overnight stay. Day four: Launceston to Hobart This morning, take your transfer through the historic Tasmanian Midlands back to Hobart for 12:30 PM.
IncludesPick up and drop-off at your accommodation Accommodation for 3 nights Entrance fee to the National Park
- The accommodation in a hostel dormitory room with people of the same gender
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability