3-Day Tasmanian Tour From Launceston to Hobart
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Experience the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Enjoy Freycinet National Park
- See the famous Wineglass Bay lookout
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park
- Visit a Tasmanian devil conservation park
DescriptionSee the big 3 highlights of Tasmania in just 3 days! During 3 action packed days, our big 3 Tasmania tour explores some of the Island’s most scenic and world-renowned locations. Start your journey with a day out at Cradle Mountain World Heritage area. Travel onward to Hobart via Wineglass Bay, looking out at some of the world’s best coastal scenery. Lastly, walk among the history at the world heritage Port Arthur Historic Site and enjoy the action of a Tasmanian devil feeding. Experience the big 3 Tasmania tour with amazing guides. It is recommended that you arrive the night before you wish to begin your tour as the tour departs Launceston at 7.30am. On day 2 you will move between Launceston and Hobart, so this is the day you need to bring your luggage with you. Meals are not provided, but there are plenty of opportunities to stop for lunch and snacks on each tour to suit your taste and budget. Accommodation is also not included, but different options are available. Launceston to Hobart Itinerary: Day 1: Cradle Mountain World Heritage Area Departs Launceston 07:30 AM, Returns Launceston 07:00 PM - Cradle Mountain National Park (5+ hours) - A variety of short walks – all fully guided - Dove Lake Walk or the longer Marion’s Lookout - Sheffield, township of 30+ murals - Ashgrove Cheese Day 2: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park (bring your bags today) Departs Hobart 07:30 PM, Returns Launceston 07:00 PM Overnight: Launceston (accommodation by own arrangement) - Freycinet National Park (4+ hours) - Wineglass Bay lookout - Cape Tourville short walk and lookout - Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay - Freycinet Marine Farm (fresh oysters/mussels) - Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail - Historic town - Kate’s Berry Farm Day 3: Port Arthur and Tasmanian Devils Departs Hobart at 07:30 AM, Returns Hobart 06:00 PM Overnight: Hobart (accommodation by own arrangement) - Waterfall Bay Cliff Top Walk - Pirate’s Bay Lookout, Tasman Arch, Devils Kitchen, Doo Town - Tasmanian Devil Conservation Park - Devil Feeding, walk with the wallabies, Birds of the Bush show - Port Arthur Historic Site (2hrs), Guided Walk, Harbour Cruise - Richmond Historic Village - Hobart City Lookout
IncludesAll entrance fees National Park entrance fees Daily Central Hobart/Launceston hotel/hostel pick-up and drop off No luggage restrictions on day 2 Professional guides and interpretive walks Small, friendly groups Meals Accommodation (you'll need 2 nights in Hobart and 2 nights in Launceston)
- This tour will involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities which are subject to the weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- The minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- Food and drinks are not included as part of the tour however there will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase take away lunch, bakery-style sandwiches and rolls
- What to bring/wear: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm clothing; swim gear and towel (f you choose swimming at Freycinet); hat; sunscreen; water bottle; snacks; lunch (or buy it on the day); and camera
- If carrying your luggage is an issue please ensure your hotel is included in the door to door pick-up
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Theatre RoyalHobart, Hobart and South East
The Theatre Royal is a long running establishment and the heart of Hobart downtown. Built in 1834 it started life hosting all sorts of entertainment.............
Cable Hang GlidingLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Voted as one of the best 10 rides in Australia (Getaway) cable hang gliding is an exhilarating adventure suitable for all ages and abilities.............
Bruny Island Day Trip from Hobart
Discover the world-class beaches, national parks, rugged coastline, and native wildlife of Bruny Island on a day trip from Hobart. Taste the finest local produce from the25 ReviewsFrom A$110.00
- Best Seller
Port Arthur Historic Site Ghost Tour
As darkness falls upon the Historic Site of Port Arthur, undertake a tour full of mystery and intrigue. Discover how Port Arthur transitions into a haunting place after s67 ReviewsFrom A$27.00
Woolnorth ToursStanley, North West Coast
Woolnorth Tours runs day and half day tours showcasing the Woolnorth Wind farm, Cape Grim and the Historic Woolnorth Homestead area. Tours are fully guided, with pick up
Mountain Bike TasmaniaLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Mountain Bike Tasmania offers guided tours and mountain bike hire. Based in Launceston, they have tours located in the North and South. Tours are fully guided with lunch
Tasmania i-DriveHobart, Hobart and South East
Vicki will pick you up from any location in Tasmania and take you on a day, overnight or extended tour. Tours cater for 1-6 persons, with flexible itineraries to suit gue
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
Gordon River Afternoon Cruise with Buffet Dinner
Enjoy an afternoon cruise on the Gordon River with a scrumptious gourmet buffet dinner. Cruise through Hells Gates and up the river. Stop over in Sarah Island and walk al3 ReviewsFrom A$125.00
Outdoor Educational ServicesLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Outdoor Educational Services provide experiences for the general public as well as institutions. There are day and multi-day walks. Caving, rock-climbing and abseiling c