From Hobart: Full-Day Tahune Airwalk & Hastings Caves Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the Tahune Airwalk Forest Reserve
- Walk amongst the trees on the Cantilever 40m above the ground
- Discover Tasmania’s unique ancient trees on the Huon Pine Walk
- Walk above the river on the Swinging Bridges Walk
- Visit Hastings Caves State Reserve
- Enjoy the fully-guided Cave Tour, 40 m below the ground
- Take a swim in the Thermal Springs swimming pool
- Test the water temperatures on the Hot Springs Nature Track
- Keep a sharp eye out on the Platypus Walk
- Drive the Huon Valley and discover Tasmania’s diverse Apple growing history
DescriptionYou will travel south of Hobart into the great Southern Forests, through the picturesque Huon Valley, famous for its apple orchards, hence Tasmania being called The Apple Isle. Go along the beautiful Huon River and walk through the tree tops suspended 40 m high above the ground, then further south you'll delve 40 m underground into the vast chambers of a cave tour. The first major adventure is to explore the Tahune Forest Airwalk, beginning along the Cantilever stretching for 597 m through the treetops. Enjoy the sensation of being suspended above the Huon River with breathtaking views across the treetops and surrounding mountains. Back on the forest floor you can take on a longer walk (1 hour) to experience the “Swinging Bridges”, crossing both the Picton and Huon rivers. With a 50 m span across the rivers, this is a thrilling experience and makes for fabulous photos. For a more gentle experience there is the easy 20 minute enchanting Huon Pine Walk where these famous and unique local trees grow alongside the river, some as old as 2000 years. Heading south, you'll enjoy a number of easy walks, fabulous scenery and lookouts along the way.The Hastings Cave Reserve is another spectacular place to enjoy a variety of activities, and soak up the atmosphere. Bring your swimming gear and jump into the Thermal Springs swimming pool where the water is always 28 degrees, fed by the naturally heated waters of the thermal springs nearby. Relax in the beautiful forest surrounds or wander the Hot Springs Nature Trail where the warm water meets the cool water, home to the humorous and playful platypus. Then it's time to head underground to explore the spectacular Hastings Caves which are Australia’s largest tourist dolomite caves, expertly shown by the National Parks & Wildlife Guides. The cave temperature is always 9 degrees so bring your jumper along. The return to Hobart takes around 1.5 hours with a few short stops along the way. During the summer months there is ample opportunity to collect delicious local cherries, berries and apples on the way back. This is a fun, diverse and relaxed day out, and you'll return to Hobart around 18:00.
IncludesTahune Airwalk entrance fees National Park entrance fees Hastings Caves & Thermal Springs Pool fees Guided Tour of Hastings Caves Professional guides and interpretive walks Small, friendly groups Hotel/Hostel Pick Up & Drop Off Food Drinks
- •This tour will involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities, subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- There is an opportunity to purchase lunch along the way or you are welcome to bring along your own packed lunch
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle/drinks; snacks; and lunch (or buy it on the day)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Let's Show You Tasmania ToursHobart, Hobart and South East
Lets Show you Tasmania Tours operate out of Hobart but certainly can get around on their day tours, taking you as far afield as Launceston and Cradle Mountain. Choose fro
Tahune AirwalkGeeveston, Hobart and South East
Walk among the giants of the Tahune Forest Reserve. Stay in the newly opened Airwalk Lodge and enjoy the beauty of the Tasmanian bush.............
Full-Day Hobart to Launceston Excursion via Wineglass Bay
This is an action packed day-tour from Hobart to Launceston via the world famous Wineglass Bay and Tasmania's stunning East coast.1 ReviewsFrom A$170.00
Peppermint Bay CruisesHobart, Hobart and South East
Peppermint Bay Cruises take you from Hobart on their luxury catamaran to Woodbridge which looks across the D’Entrecasteaux Channel to Bruny Island. Enjoy lunch at Peppe
Cradle Mountain National Park by Coach from Launceston
Awaken your senses to the magnificent natural beauty of Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake on this coach tour from Launceston, Tasmania. Explore the region's beautiful forests12 ReviewsFrom A$145.00
Coles Bay HireColes-Bay, East Coast
Coles Bay Hire offers canoes, dinghies and mountain bikes for hire. Enjoy the beauty of Freycinet, wet a line and try catching a fish or enjoy an afternoon snorkelling...
Mount Wellington Tour with MONA Ticket & Ferry Return
Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views from Mount Wellington and MONA's compelling display of art and architecture on this half-day tour.23 ReviewsFrom A$112.00
48 Hour Hobart City Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
The Red Decker city loop tour is the official sightseeing tour of Hobart featuring the city's best sights and attractions. Use your 48 hour ticket to do the 90 minute cit5 ReviewsFrom A$40.00
- Best Seller
Freycinet National Park Navigator 4 Hour 4WD Tour
Explore Freycinet and surrounding areas on an all encompassing 4 hour tour. This tour promises a thorough introduction to the region as your local guide takes you to unmi1 ReviewsFrom A$160.00
Irish Murphy's LauncestonLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Irish Murphy's is the place to visit for the Irish craic, live music 7 nights a week and a hearty meal. With Guinness on tap and Irish decor those from the Emerald Isle w