From Hobart: Wineglass Bay and Freycinet
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Freycinet National Park
- Walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
- See Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park: Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with a tasty ice-cream at Kate’s Berry Farm
- Check out the unusual convict-built Spiky Bridge
DescriptionBegin from Hobart heading east then following the coastline north. Travel through the seaside towns of Orford and Swansea. Enjoy a brief stop at Spiky Bridge, a convict built bridge, the picturesque Spiky Beach and then on into the National Park. Keen walkers can walk down to Wineglass Beach (2.5 hr return walking time), enjoy a swim in the pristine waters, relax and have lunch in this amazing setting. Alternatively, travel with your guide to discover more of the National Park and visit Honeymoon Bay, Sleepy Bay and the Cape Tourville lookout and short walk. After 4–5 hours at Freycinet, begin the trip back to Hobart. Enjoy a brief stop at the Freycinet Marine Farm for anyone interested in sampling the local oysters, mussels or crayfish fresh from the pristine waters of Oyster Bay and surrounds. Last but certainly not least, stop at picturesque Kate’s Berry Farm where Kate is serving up absolutely delicious berry ice-creams and other delights - jams, sauces, chocolates and jellies.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups Central Hobart hotels and backpacker hostels pick-up and drop off Airport drop offs on request with prior arrangement Food and drinks
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing; a hat; sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks and lunch (or buy it on the day)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Theatre RoyalHobart, Hobart and South East
The Theatre Royal is a long running establishment and the heart of Hobart downtown. Built in 1834 it started life hosting all sorts of entertainment.............
Cable Hang GlidingLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Voted as one of the best 10 rides in Australia (Getaway) cable hang gliding is an exhilarating adventure suitable for all ages and abilities.............
Bruny Island Day Trip from Hobart
Discover the world-class beaches, national parks, rugged coastline, and native wildlife of Bruny Island on a day trip from Hobart. Taste the finest local produce from the25 ReviewsFrom A$110.00
- Best Seller
Port Arthur Historic Site Ghost Tour
As darkness falls upon the Historic Site of Port Arthur, undertake a tour full of mystery and intrigue. Discover how Port Arthur transitions into a haunting place after s67 ReviewsFrom A$27.00
Woolnorth ToursStanley, North West Coast
Woolnorth Tours runs day and half day tours showcasing the Woolnorth Wind farm, Cape Grim and the Historic Woolnorth Homestead area. Tours are fully guided, with pick up
Mountain Bike TasmaniaLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Mountain Bike Tasmania offers guided tours and mountain bike hire. Based in Launceston, they have tours located in the North and South. Tours are fully guided with lunch
Tasmania i-DriveHobart, Hobart and South East
Vicki will pick you up from any location in Tasmania and take you on a day, overnight or extended tour. Tours cater for 1-6 persons, with flexible itineraries to suit gue
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
Gordon River Afternoon Cruise with Buffet Dinner
Enjoy an afternoon cruise on the Gordon River with a scrumptious gourmet buffet dinner. Cruise through Hells Gates and up the river. Stop over in Sarah Island and walk al3 ReviewsFrom A$125.00
Outdoor Educational ServicesLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Outdoor Educational Services provide experiences for the general public as well as institutions. There are day and multi-day walks. Caving, rock-climbing and abseiling c