From Launceston: Cradle Mountain Day Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular Dove Lake
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout
DescriptionAfter departing Launceston, enjoy a short stop in Sheffield – 'The Town of Murals' and explore this quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town. This includes the opportunity to see the famous Eason’s Mural. Continue into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before you. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marion’s Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream and watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat. Your guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy walks that best suit them and the day ahead. On your return to Launceston, stop and sample some local tasty products at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
IncludesNational Parks entrance fees Professionally guided and interpreted walks Central Launceston hotel and backpacker hostel pick-up and drop off Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese Food and drinks
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years.
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility.
- Please bring, sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Moto Adventure TasmaniaHobart, Hobart and South East
Moto Adventure Tasmania has a great range of motorbikes for hire and all the add-ons as well to make your tour of Tasmania a trip to remember. They also have 21 speed and
Mount Wellington Summit Hike
Hike down from the summit of Kunanyi/Mount Wellington on this guided hiking tour. Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch halfway at the springs and finish the day with a drink atFrom A$55.00
Tassie Tag Along 4WD ToursUlverstone, North West Coast
Tassie Tag Along Tours offers 4WD tours of the West Coast of Tasmania. You'll need a 4WD and all your camping gear to 'tag along' and enjoy the views and adventure.
Tasmania North East Voyageur Full Day 4WD Tour
This tour promises stunning landscapes, enchanting views, and the chance to spot some local Tasmanian wildlife. You’ll explore from the comfort of your luxurious 4x4 anFrom A$300.00
Peppermint Bay CruisesHobart, Hobart and South East
Peppermint Bay Cruises take you from Hobart on their luxury catamaran to Woodbridge which looks across the D’Entrecasteaux Channel to Bruny Island. Enjoy lunch at Peppe
Burnie Arts and Function CentreBurnie, North West Coast
The Burnie Art and Function Centre was officially opened in 1976 as the first purpose built arts centre in the whole of Tasmania.............
Mount Wellington Tour with MONA Ticket & Ferry Return
Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views from Mount Wellington and MONA's compelling display of art and architecture on this half-day tour.23 ReviewsFrom A$112.00
Tasman Island CruisesPort-Arthur, Hobart and South East
Tasman Island Cruises show you the coastline of the Tasman Peninsula, including the highest sea cliffs in Australia. Take in the wildlife and scenery with a 3hr cruise o
Russell Falls Mt. Field National Park Day Tour from Hobart
Spend the day in the wilderness on a full-day excursion to Russell Falls waterfalls in Mt. Field National Park from Hobart. Experience the tranquility of pristine rainfor6 ReviewsFrom A$150.00
Metro CinemasBurnie, North West Coast
Sitting on the North West coast looking outwards to the Bass Strait, the Metro Cinema is one of two cinema complexes in the region, this particular one is in Burnie......