From Launceston: Cradle Mountain Day Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular Dove Lake
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout
DescriptionAfter departing Launceston, enjoy a short stop in Sheffield – 'The Town of Murals' and explore this quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town. This includes the opportunity to see the famous Eason’s Mural. Continue into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before you. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marion’s Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream and watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat. Your guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy walks that best suit them and the day ahead. On your return to Launceston, stop and sample some local tasty products at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
IncludesNational Parks entrance fees Professionally guided and interpreted walks Central Launceston hotel and backpacker hostel pick-up and drop off Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese Food and drinks
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years.
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility.
- Please bring, sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
The Long Lunch Tour companyHobart, Hobart and South East
The Long Lunch Tour Company is keen to share with you the cool climate vineyards and wines of the Hobart and Freycinet regions of Tasmania, coupled with sampling fine foo
Fish Wild TasmaniaHobart, Hobart and South East
Fish Wild Tasmania Hobart based guides will teach you how to fly fish or take experienced anglers to the most amazing and challenging places. Day or multi-day tours avail
CMAX DevonportDevonport, North West Coast
Enjoy the latest movies at CMAX Devonport with their comfy seats and amazing and modern technology. Special events also take place here while various facilities are avail
Bruny Island: Overnight Explorer with Accommodation
On this overnight adventure, enjoy a pure indulgence with nature and food. This is the ultimate way to explore Bruny Island and really settle into the groove of rest andFrom A$799.00
Woolnorth ToursStanley, North West Coast
Woolnorth Tours runs day and half day tours showcasing the Woolnorth Wind farm, Cape Grim and the Historic Woolnorth Homestead area. Tours are fully guided, with pick up
Irish Murphy's LauncestonLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Irish Murphy's is the place to visit for the Irish craic, live music 7 nights a week and a hearty meal. With Guinness on tap and Irish decor those from the Emerald Isle w
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
King Island Wilderness WalksNaracoopa, King Island
Come and enjoy the unique beauty that King Island has to offer. King Island Wilderness Walks offers guests a variety of day walk options to suit different levels of fitne
Port Arthur: Small Group Tour
Discover Tasmania's infamous convict history and breathtaking nature on this action-packed, full-day tour. Learn how the early pioneers survived and began new journeys du1 ReviewsFrom A$125.00
Tasmanian HelicoptersLatrobe, North West Coast
Tasmanian Helicopters undertake a lot of commercial work with their seven helicopters, but are also available for charter and scenic flights. See them if you want to see