From Launceston: Cradle Mountain Day Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Stand on the shore of the spectacular Dove Lake
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty views of Marion’s Lookout
DescriptionAfter departing Launceston, enjoy a short stop in Sheffield – 'The Town of Murals' and explore this quirky village where the history of the Cradle Mountain region is depicted in artworks across the buildings throughout the town. This includes the opportunity to see the famous Eason’s Mural. Continue into the mountains and arrive at Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake with around 5 hours of possible walking time before you. Choose from the gentle and iconic Dove Lake Circuit or climb to loftier peaks to view the vastness of the surrounding World Heritage Area from Marion’s Lookout. Enjoy lunch by a quiet stream and watch the famous and friendly Cradle wombats in their natural habitat. Your guides will carefully assist to ensure everyone has an opportunity to enjoy walks that best suit them and the day ahead. On your return to Launceston, stop and sample some local tasty products at the award winning Ashgrove Cheese Factory.
IncludesNational Parks entrance fees Professionally guided and interpreted walks Central Launceston hotel and backpacker hostel pick-up and drop off Free tastings at Ashgrove Cheese Food and drinks
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential.
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions.
- Minimum age to participate in the tour is 8 years.
- There is no maximum age provided all participants have a sense of adventure and reasonable level of fitness and mobility.
- Please bring, sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Tasmanian Boat ChartersHobart, Hobart and South East
Tasmanian Boat Charters is a family owned company who provide personalised charter services on demand for families, groups, companies and sightseers on their boat - Odali
Tasmania in 2 Days: Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay
Explore the spectacular East Coast of Tasmania, including Bay Of Fires, Freycinet National Park, and Wineglass Bay. See Tasmanian Devils and Tasmania's breathtaking easte1 ReviewsFrom A$295.00
Tasman Island CruisesPort-Arthur, Hobart and South East
Tasman Island Cruises show you the coastline of the Tasman Peninsula, including the highest sea cliffs in Australia. Take in the wildlife and scenery with a 3hr cruise o
Windeward Bound Sailing AdventuresHobart, Hobart and South East
Fancy a jaunt on the Derwent River in a sailing ship? Sailing aboard the 33 metre brigantine "Windeward Bound" is a delightful way to see the beauty of Hobart and surro
Scuba CentreWynyard, North West Coast
The Scuba Centre at Wynyard has been offering dive courses, charter dives, air fills, equipment sales, service and hire for over two decades.............
Freycinet National Park Full Day 4WD Tour with Lunch
Explore the pure white beaches, azure bays and unique wildlife as your local guide pilots you around the picturesque Tasmanian coast. Soak up the stunning views from theFrom A$260.00
Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Day Trip from Hobart
Visit Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay on a day tour from Hobart. Take in stunning views, savor fresh seafood and enjoy scenic walks.115 ReviewsFrom A$115.00
Tasmanian EscapeLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Fly lure or bait fishing in lakes, rivers or streams with all equipment supplied. Singles or groups welcome with family groups up to six specially catered for. Day trips
Cape Bruny Lighthouse Sunset Tour
Join a small-group sunset lighthouse tour on Bruny Island. Perfect if you are staying on Bruny Island! Self drive into the South Bruny National Park to the Cape Bruny Lig2 ReviewsFrom A$45.00
Peppermint Bay Lunch Cruise from Hobart
Get scenic views of the south coast of Tasmania on a cruise from Hobart. Enter the picturesque D'Entrecasteaux Channel, and then enjoy a fabulous fresh produce lunch at t24 ReviewsFrom A$118.00