From Launceston: Full-Day Wineglass Bay Explorer Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Freycinet National Park for over 4 hours
- Enjoy a moderate 45-minute walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the easy 20-minute Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand-crafted ice cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day
- Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
DescriptionDepart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and the delights and highlights along the way. Your drive this morning takes you through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. Make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town. After a brief stop in Campbell Town travel to the East Coast, where you catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters. Once inside Freycinet National Park begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. Walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach (2.5 hour return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands. Or, if you prefer to select the shorter walking option, you can explore other areas of Freycinet with your tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay and the Cape Tourville Lighthouse “Great Short Walk”. Still on the east coast, you will make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian scallop pie! Then it's onwards into Launceston returning around 6:30 PM.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups Pick-up and drop off to central Launceston hotels/hostels Food Drinks
- This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm & weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks; and a packed lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
NavigatorsHobart, Hobart and South East
Relax on a full day cruise to Port Arthur and enjoy a stroll around the historic sight. Learn about local history and see rugged coastlines. Navigators also run a 3 ½ hr
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
State CinemaHobart, Hobart and South East
The State Cinema has been the home of quality film and programming since it first opened its doors to the public in 1913 as a moving picture house.............
Tassie Tag Along 4WD ToursUlverstone, North West Coast
Tassie Tag Along Tours offers 4WD tours of the West Coast of Tasmania. You'll need a 4WD and all your camping gear to 'tag along' and enjoy the views and adventure.
Tasman Peninsula Day Trip with Cruise & Devils from Hobart
Spend a day on the Tasman Peninsula with a return guided bus tour from Hobart, an award-winning wilderness cruise, morning tea, lunch and a visit to the Tasmanian Devil C16 ReviewsFrom A$245.00
World Heritage CruisesStrahan, Western Wilderness
Cruise the amazing Gordon River on a morning or afternoon cruise with the family owned and operated World Heritage Cruises. Visit Hell's Gates, the entrance to Macquarie
Redbanks Fish and FieldHobart, Hobart and South East
Redbanks is an adventure playground on 400 acres. One of the many activities available is fishing. Redbanks offers fly and lure fishing for trout on a catch and release
Wild Caves ToursMole-Creek, North West Coast
To have the opportunity to explore a natural or "wild cave" is an exciting experience. Wild Cave Tours run guided tours in the Mole Creek Karst which are suitable for be
Red Tag Trout ToursKingston, Hobart and South East
Red Tag Trout Tours specialise in fly-fishing rivers, streams and lake margins. Introductory fly fishing workshops are run to help you catch wild brown or rainbow trout.
Shutterbug WalkaboutsHobart, Hobart and South East
Would you like to learn how to take better photos and get more out of your camera while enjoying beautiful Tasmania? Shutterbug Walkabouts run photography tours and in-th