From Launceston: Full-Day Wineglass Bay Explorer Tour
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Explore Freycinet National Park for over 4 hours
- Enjoy a moderate 45-minute walk to the spectacular Wineglass Bay Lookout
- Visit the highlights of Freycinet National Park, Honeymoon Bay and Sleepy Bay
- Take in the spectacular 360 degree views on the easy 20-minute Cape Tourville Lighthouse Walk
- Enjoy some fresh oysters at Freycinet Marine Farm
- Reward yourself with local hand-crafted ice cream or a famous Tasmanian Scallop Pie at the end of the day
- Visit the historic town of Campbell Town and the Convict Brick Trail
- Choose the option to extend your walk to the white sands of Wineglass Bay (longer walking option 2.5 hours)
DescriptionDepart Launceston ready for an action-packed day out exploring Wineglass Bay, Freycinet National Park and the delights and highlights along the way. Your drive this morning takes you through the well-preserved Georgian townships of Evandale and Campbell Town. Make a short stop in Campbell Town where you can collect some lunch to take along for the day ahead. You will have time to discover the Convict Brick Trail that extends through the town, visit the Red Bridge, and check out the tree sculptures depicting the history of the town. After a brief stop in Campbell Town travel to the East Coast, where you catch an amazing view of the area at the Great Oyster Bay Lookout and an opportunity to purchase some fresh oysters plucked from the beautiful surrounding waters. Once inside Freycinet National Park begin a series of walks and exploration of the area. Walk as a group to the Wineglass Bay Lookout, a moderate uphill walk of around 45 - 60 minutes. Here the views make the walk well worth the effort! For the keen walkers, you can continue the walk down to Wineglass Bay beach (2.5 hour return walking time). Once on the beach you have time to take a swim, relax, eat your lunch or meander along the white sands. Or, if you prefer to select the shorter walking option, you can explore other areas of Freycinet with your tour guide. Visit Honeymoon Bay and the Cape Tourville Lighthouse “Great Short Walk”. Still on the east coast, you will make a final stop for the day, where you can refresh and refuel in a friendly and relaxed location. Try the local hand-crafted ice creams or perhaps a famous Tasmanian scallop pie! Then it's onwards into Launceston returning around 6:30 PM.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Professional guides and interpretative walks Small, friendly groups Pick-up and drop off to central Launceston hotels/hostels Food Drinks
- This tour is active and visits National Parks and wild areas that involve some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness and physical ability is essential
- All tour participants will be participating in outdoor activities and are therefore subject to the outdoor weather conditions of the day. Please dress appropriately
- Minimum age to participate in tour is 8 years. There is no maximum age provided all participants have a reasonable level of fitness and mobility
- What to bring: sensible shoes for walking; a variety of warm & weatherproof clothing; hat and sunscreen; large water bottle; snacks; and a packed lunch (or buy it on the day)
- Please note, food and drinks are not included as part of the tour. There will be an opportunity to stop along the way, where you can purchase a take-away lunch. Or you can bring a packed lunch
Easy cancellationCancel up to 2 days in advance for a 50% refund
You may also like
Tasmanian Boat ChartersHobart, Hobart and South East
Tasmanian Boat Charters is a family owned company who provide personalised charter services on demand for families, groups, companies and sightseers on their boat - Odali
Tasmania in 2 Days: Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay
Explore the spectacular East Coast of Tasmania, including Bay Of Fires, Freycinet National Park, and Wineglass Bay. See Tasmanian Devils and Tasmania's breathtaking easte1 ReviewsFrom A$295.00
Tasman Island CruisesPort-Arthur, Hobart and South East
Tasman Island Cruises show you the coastline of the Tasman Peninsula, including the highest sea cliffs in Australia. Take in the wildlife and scenery with a 3hr cruise o
Windeward Bound Sailing AdventuresHobart, Hobart and South East
Fancy a jaunt on the Derwent River in a sailing ship? Sailing aboard the 33 metre brigantine "Windeward Bound" is a delightful way to see the beauty of Hobart and surro
Scuba CentreWynyard, North West Coast
The Scuba Centre at Wynyard has been offering dive courses, charter dives, air fills, equipment sales, service and hire for over two decades.............
Freycinet National Park Full Day 4WD Tour with Lunch
Explore the pure white beaches, azure bays and unique wildlife as your local guide pilots you around the picturesque Tasmanian coast. Soak up the stunning views from theFrom A$260.00
Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Day Trip from Hobart
Visit Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay on a day tour from Hobart. Take in stunning views, savor fresh seafood and enjoy scenic walks.115 ReviewsFrom A$115.00
Tasmanian EscapeLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Fly lure or bait fishing in lakes, rivers or streams with all equipment supplied. Singles or groups welcome with family groups up to six specially catered for. Day trips
Cape Bruny Lighthouse Sunset Tour
Join a small-group sunset lighthouse tour on Bruny Island. Perfect if you are staying on Bruny Island! Self drive into the South Bruny National Park to the Cape Bruny Lig2 ReviewsFrom A$45.00
Peppermint Bay Lunch Cruise from Hobart
Get scenic views of the south coast of Tasmania on a cruise from Hobart. Enter the picturesque D'Entrecasteaux Channel, and then enjoy a fabulous fresh produce lunch at t24 ReviewsFrom A$118.00