Historic Battery Point: 2-Hour City Walk
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb
- Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
DescriptionSoak up the elegance, beauty and history of this quiet and exclusive area that was once farmland known as Cottage Green. This tour includes Arthurs Circus and is full of stories including dubious property dealings by Governor Arthur, the fall of the carousing Reverend Knopwood and the ship building tycoon Alexander MacGregor whose finest of grand Georgian homes still stands today. Battery Point is best appreciated at a leisurely pace on foot with a guide who can bring to life how wealth flowed into Battery Point from the influx of trade and the British Royal Navy shipping timber, wool and rum from the Salamanca docks and warehouses. This easy walking tour starts at Parliament House and ends in Salamanca Square. Don't forget to ask your guide for recommendations for places you can go after the tour to buy souvenirs, food and beverages.
IncludesA friendly and knowledgeable guide Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages
- Hobart is well known for its glorious range of weather conditions, often on the same day, so please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly
- For hot sunny days: hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended
- Rain is not usually an issue as Hobart is the second driest city in Australia. When it does rain, it’s often in short showers which can be managed with undercover stops. A rain jacket or umbrella is a good option just in case.
- Particularly with the afternoon tours, the temperature can drop toward evening so a jumper or jacket is recommended even if it’s quite warm to begin with. Generally a nice southerly breeze springs up to surprise the unwary, so a light windproof is useful
- Comfortable walking shoes are essential
- Tours will go ahead regardless of the weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Theatre RoyalHobart, Hobart and South East
The Theatre Royal is a long running establishment and the heart of Hobart downtown. Built in 1834 it started life hosting all sorts of entertainment.............
Cable Hang GlidingLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Voted as one of the best 10 rides in Australia (Getaway) cable hang gliding is an exhilarating adventure suitable for all ages and abilities.............
Bruny Island Day Trip from Hobart
Discover the world-class beaches, national parks, rugged coastline, and native wildlife of Bruny Island on a day trip from Hobart. Taste the finest local produce from the25 ReviewsFrom A$110.00
- Best Seller
Port Arthur Historic Site Ghost Tour
As darkness falls upon the Historic Site of Port Arthur, undertake a tour full of mystery and intrigue. Discover how Port Arthur transitions into a haunting place after s67 ReviewsFrom A$27.00
Woolnorth ToursStanley, North West Coast
Woolnorth Tours runs day and half day tours showcasing the Woolnorth Wind farm, Cape Grim and the Historic Woolnorth Homestead area. Tours are fully guided, with pick up
Mountain Bike TasmaniaLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Mountain Bike Tasmania offers guided tours and mountain bike hire. Based in Launceston, they have tours located in the North and South. Tours are fully guided with lunch
Tasmania i-DriveHobart, Hobart and South East
Vicki will pick you up from any location in Tasmania and take you on a day, overnight or extended tour. Tours cater for 1-6 persons, with flexible itineraries to suit gue
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
Gordon River Afternoon Cruise with Buffet Dinner
Enjoy an afternoon cruise on the Gordon River with a scrumptious gourmet buffet dinner. Cruise through Hells Gates and up the river. Stop over in Sarah Island and walk al3 ReviewsFrom A$125.00
Outdoor Educational ServicesLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Outdoor Educational Services provide experiences for the general public as well as institutions. There are day and multi-day walks. Caving, rock-climbing and abseiling c