Historic Battery Point: 2-Hour City Walk
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Learn about Battery Point from a friendly and knowledgeable guide
- Explore the streets, homes and buildings throughout the beautiful suburb
- Learn about the whalers, sealers and governors
DescriptionSoak up the elegance, beauty and history of this quiet and exclusive area that was once farmland known as Cottage Green. This tour includes Arthurs Circus and is full of stories including dubious property dealings by Governor Arthur, the fall of the carousing Reverend Knopwood and the ship building tycoon Alexander MacGregor whose finest of grand Georgian homes still stands today. Battery Point is best appreciated at a leisurely pace on foot with a guide who can bring to life how wealth flowed into Battery Point from the influx of trade and the British Royal Navy shipping timber, wool and rum from the Salamanca docks and warehouses. This easy walking tour starts at Parliament House and ends in Salamanca Square. Don't forget to ask your guide for recommendations for places you can go after the tour to buy souvenirs, food and beverages.
IncludesA friendly and knowledgeable guide Hotel pick-up and drop off Food and beverages
- Hobart is well known for its glorious range of weather conditions, often on the same day, so please check the weather forecast and dress accordingly
- For hot sunny days: hats, sunglasses, sunscreen and a water bottle are recommended
- Rain is not usually an issue as Hobart is the second driest city in Australia. When it does rain, it’s often in short showers which can be managed with undercover stops. A rain jacket or umbrella is a good option just in case.
- Particularly with the afternoon tours, the temperature can drop toward evening so a jumper or jacket is recommended even if it’s quite warm to begin with. Generally a nice southerly breeze springs up to surprise the unwary, so a light windproof is useful
- Comfortable walking shoes are essential
- Tours will go ahead regardless of the weather
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Private Richmond Food and Wine Half Day Tour From Hobart
Enjoy a private day trip through Richmond including a visit to Wicked Cheese and three vineyards!From A$150.00
From Hobart: Scenic Flight & Lagoon Bay Romantic Picnic
Enjoy a 2-hour trip to Lagoon Bay, including scenic return flights by helicopter between Hobart and Lagoon Bay. Enjoy a stopover for a seasonal picnic lunch.1 ReviewsFrom A$425.00
- Best Seller
Cradle Mountain: Day Trip from Launceston with Lunch
Get back to nature on a full-day, small group tour of Cradle Mountain National Park. Go for walks in the temperate rainforest, enjoy lunch at the historic Waldheim Chalet24 ReviewsFrom A$145.00
From Hobart: Bruny Island Scenic Flight with Lunch
Explore Hobart city and the remote and rugged Bruny Island from the air with this scenic helicopter flight. There will be plenty of photography opportunities and you willFrom A$575.00
Metro CinemasBurnie, North West Coast
Sitting on the North West coast looking outwards to the Bass Strait, the Metro Cinema is one of two cinema complexes in the region, this particular one is in Burnie......
Mount Wellington Summit Hike
Hike down from the summit of Kunanyi/Mount Wellington on this guided hiking tour. Enjoy a freshly prepared lunch halfway at the springs and finish the day with a drink atFrom A$55.00
Roaring 40's Ocean KayakingKettering, Hobart and South East
Located 30 minutes from Hobart in Kettering, Roaring 40's Ocean Kayaking are within one of Australia's most picturesque and sheltered waterways the D'Entrecasteaux Channe
Cradle Coast ToursUlverstone, North West Coast
Tours with Howard explore Tasmania’s North West coast (also known locally as the Cradle Coast). Tours run with two to seven guests. Tours can be customised to meet you
Hobart YachtsHobart, Hobart and South East
Would you like to tour Tasmania's wild and beautiful coastline in comfort? Tasmanian Yachting Adventures offer a range of sightseeing tours and racing tours, sailing on
Hotel New YorkLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
The motto of Hotel New York is that they are ‘committed to bringing the best local and national music’ from across the world to their club in Tasmania.............