Cradle Mountain: Day Trip from Launceston with Lunch89 Reviews
Get back to nature on a full-day, small group tour of Cradle Mountain National Park. Go for walks in the temperate rainforest, enjoy lunch at the historic Waldheim Chalet, and more.
- Get spectacular views of Cradle Mountain and Dove Lake
- Go for a nature walk in the lush rainforest of Tasmania
- Sample an array of local produce at the Ashgrove Cheese Farm
- Take a short tour of Sheffield, famous for its street murals
DescriptionBenefit from pickup at your hotel in Launceston, and travel in comfort to Cradle Mountain National Park. Take a 15-minute scenic tour through Sheffield to see some of the highlights of the Town of Murals along the way. Journey along the Great Western Tiers of the Central Highlands to arrive at Cradle Mountain Visitor Center. Get a short break before entering the national park to drive to Dove Lake. Embark on a guided nature walk through the rainforest and pass quartzite beaches. Discover the remnants of the last Ice Age at Glacier Rock. Then depart for Waldheim Chalet to enjoy a delicious lunch of fresh rolls, wraps, salad fillings, cheeses, and local meats. Get shown around the first accommodation to open in the national park before a short forest walk, time permitting. Make your way back to Launceston, stopping at the Ashgrove Cheese Farm to taste an amazing array of cheeses and other local produce along the way.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation by comfortable minibus Professional guide with full commentary Small group tour Dove Lake circuit walk Visit to Waldheim Chalet Weindorfers forest walk Entrance fee and pass to Cradle Mountain National Park Lunch Water and light snacks Pickup from AirBNB or private residence
- The Dove Lake circuit walk is a man-made track accessible for most people, dependent on the weather and passenger suitability
- The Weindorfers forest walk is a short stroll through a cool climate rainforest (subject to timing on the day)
- Hotel pickup is between 7:30 AM and 8:00 AM. Hotel drop-off is from 5:30 PM to 6:00 PM
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability