Cradle Mountain Wildlife Spotting after Dark3 Reviews
Spot the nocturnal wildlife of Tasmania on this 2 hour night walking tour. Suitable for all ages, this tour gives you a chance to spot the locals including wallabies, wombats, possums and maybe even a devil.
- Wander through the natural Tasmanian scenery at dusk
- Spot the unique wildlife of the area as they emerge from sleep to feed
- Hike through two popular spots in the National Park in peace and quiet
DescriptionYour guide will collect you from your hotel at dusk, taking you on a 4 wheeled adventure! The pick-up is timed one hour before sunset. Heading for Ronny creek in the National Park, as the destination for exploration. Taking from the bus hand held torches and spot lights, you will walk quietly and slowly through the Mount Kate hut area. The aim is spot any native animals that have popped out early for a feed. The walk will then take to the local boardwalks of cradle valley. This location presents another great chance of catching wombats undergoing their daily grind. Next stop, is a small drive away to Waldheim Chalet, where there is a short walk of about 20 minutes through the Weindorfers forest. On this walk you will have to look in the trees as well as along the floor to spot wildlife. Once the walk is complete the minibus will drive slowly, giving you more time to spot wildlife from the roadside on the way home.
IncludesProfessional guide/s with full commentary Torches Complimentary hotel pick-up and drop off Food and drinks National Park pass
- Tour does not operate on Christmas Day
- Pickup available for selected locations: Cradle Mountain hotel; Peppers Cradle Mountain lodge; Cradle Mt discovery park; Cradle Mt Wilderness village; Cradle Mt Highlanders; pickup from National Parks visitor center is available by request only.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability