My Guide Website?
From Hobart: 5-Day Tasmania West & East Coast Tour100 Reviews
See the best of Tasmania’s West and East Coasts in 5 action-packed days on this journey around the island, including visits to all the major attractions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Explore the highlights of Tasmania on a 5-day small group tour
- Connect with nature and enjoy short walks in Tasmania's best national parks
- Discover Cradle Mountain and West Coast's mountains, waterfalls, and rainforests
- Enjoy the pristine beaches of the Bay of Fires and Freycinet
- Learn about Tasmanian aboriginal people and their local culture
DescriptionDeparting from Hobart, escape into Tasmania's wilderness and travel coast to coast to explore and experience the best of the island on this 5-day tour. Journey to the wild and rugged West Coast for waterfalls, rainforest and wildlife. Then experience the startling change of scenery as the tour continues on through the alpine wilderness of Cradle Mountain to the white sands of the Bay of Fires. Full of famous attractions, fun and adventure, this tour will show you the best of Tasmania! Day 1: Hobart to Strahan Depart Hobart at 7:30 AM and drive through the Derwent Valley, traveling east to west across the island. You’ll see the beautiful Russell Falls, walk among the Mt Field National Park Tall Trees, and visit Australia’s deepest freshwater lake, Lake St Clair. Explore the pristine Franklin-Gordon Wild River National Park and end the day in Strahan where you will stay overnight. Day 2: Wild West Coast In the untouched wilderness of Tasmania’s West Coast, explore the shifting sands of Henty Dunes. Then, continue into the Tarkine Rainforest and walk to Tasmania’s highest waterfall Montezuma Falls. Or choose to join the world famous Gordon River Cruise (optional, at your own expense). Stay overnight at Strahan. Day 3: Cradle Mountain Around 950m above sea level is the World Heritage listed Cradle Mountain-Lake St Claire National Park, where you choose a walk to suit you. With an extensive range of tracks, stroll around Dove Lake or challenge yourself with a hike to Marion’s Lookout. A short drive takes you through Sheffield, the 'town of murals', to Launceston. Stay overnight at Launceston. Day 4: Bay of Fires Head to the East Coast and the beautiful Bay of Fires. Enjoy the pristine white sands and orange lichen-clad boulders. Learn about the rich culture of the palawa (Tasmanian aboriginal people). Later, Tasmania’s most scenic coastal drive takes you from St Helens to the seaside town of Bicheno, home of the little penguin. Stay overnight in Bicheno. Day 5: Freycinet National Park to Hobart An early start means you are the first to the Wineglass Bay lookout. Relax on the secluded beach or choose the more challenging Mount Amos or Hazards Beach walk. Continue further along the scenic east coast via the seaside towns of Swansea and Orford on the way to Hobart.
IncludesTransportation Accommodation (for 4 nights) Guide National Park entry fees Pickup and drop-off at selected Hobart city locations
- The tour involves a moderate amount of walking This tour offers hostel and motel-style accommodation options. Motel style has private rooms with ensuite facilities You can bring up to 20kgs of luggage that will be stored in the trailer during travel days