My Guide Website?
From Hobart: Mt. Field National Park and Russell Falls18 Reviews
Immerse yourself in the wilderness on a day trip to Mt. Field National Park from Hobart. Explore the Derwent Valley, Salmon Ponds, Mt. Field National Park, and the stunning Russell Falls.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Savor the flavors of Australia with a tasty morning tea and steaming hot drink
- Learn about the flora and fauna in the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area
- Enjoy feeding the trout and salmon at the established Salmon Pond Trout Hatchery
- Marvel at the breathtaking 3-tiered Russell Falls in Mt. Field National Park
- Hike through the rainforest canopy and marvel at the giant eucalyptus trees
DescriptionGet out of the city and see the luscious rainforests of Mt. Field National Park on a day tour from Hobart. Stroll through New Norfolk, enjoy morning tea at the Salmon Ponds, and marvel at Russell Falls in the beautiful Mt. Field National Park. Meet your guide in Hobart and head out of the city along the shores of the Derwent River, Enjoy the views of rich farmland before arriving in New Norfolk. Wander around this bustling rural town, the third oldest settlement in Tasmania. Continue through the hop fields of Bushy Park to reach the Salmon Ponds. Feed the fish and wander through the beautiful English-style parklands before enjoying morning tea and a hot drink. Once you've finished tea, head to Mt. Field National Park. Start with a leisurely walk through the rainforest canopy to reach the Tall Trees Walk, where you can see the giant eucalyptus trees. Follow the path to the picturesque, 3-tiered Russell Falls. After your walk, enjoy lunch at your own expense in the park before heading back to Hobart. Depending on the season, enjoy a quick stop to purchase fresh raspberries from roadside stalls.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Live commentary Local driver/guide Morning tea Hot beverage Entrance to Mt. Field National Park Entrance to the Salmon Ponds
- This activity involves about a 1km walk on a hardened surface