My Guide Website?
Hobart: Fly & Cruise in Southwest Wilderness Area with Lunch
Enjoy an amazing full day experience including return scenic flights, a guided boat tour, plus a selection of guided short walks in a World Heritage Listed Area - including a gourmet lunch of Tasmanian food and wine.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Discover 4 different National Parks and a Marine Reserve
- Experience untouched nature on a full day adventure
- Explore incredibly remote waterways and wilderness on a boat cruise of Bathurst Harbor
- Savor delicious food and refreshments made from local Tasmanian produce
DescriptionDepart Cambridge Aerodrome, located 20-minutes drive from central Hobart, for an unforgettable tour by air to a remote area of Tasmania’s South West coast. It is one of only two places in the world that have 7 out of 10 criteria for world heritage listing. Fly over Hobart’s eastern suburbs and the Derwent River along the D’Entrecasteaux Channel. On the 50-minute scenic flight, fly past Recherche Bay to Tasmanian’s most southern point, South East Cape. Leave the city behind as the aircraft enters the vast south-west west wilderness following the South Coast Track to Melaleuca. Land in Melaleuca and board a boat for a short cruise into Bathurst Harbor. See the remote Celery Top Islands and take a short bush walk in the wilderness. Experience untouched landscape while breathing the cleanest air in the world. Enjoy a delicious lunch of Tasmanian produce and wine in a special remote location. Returning to Melaleuca, explore the area, visit the Deny King Bird Hide, and enjoy the Needwonnee Aboriginal Walk, an interpretive boardwalk. Later in the afternoon, board the aircraft for the return 50-minute scenic journey to Hobart.
IncludesLunch with Tasmanian Wine (Please advise of any allergies) 2 x 50-minute scenic flights in a fixed-wing plane Boat trip to Bathurst Harbor Coffee and Refreshments Live commentary from your pilot Guided ground tour in Melaleuca All National Park fees Skip-the-line entry privileges (if option selected) Landing and facility fees
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Advise any dietary requirements when booking
- A small amount of walking is involved in this activity
- Hotel pick-up and drop off is included or alternatively you can self-drive to Cambridge Aerodrome (approx 20-minutes) and enjoy free parking