My Guide Website?
Hobart Highlights Day Tour12 Reviews
Get ready for a day of Culture, lifestyle, art, adventure, nature, produce and wildlife, as you leave no stone unturned.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Marvel at the panorama from the top of Mt. Wellington
- Explore Salamanca Market on Saturdays
- Get up close with Tasmanian Wildlife at Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary (optional)
- Explore the quaint little township of Richmond, a town rich in convict history
DescriptionWhilst the streets are quiet enjoy a city highlights tour en route to Hobart’s spectacular backdrop, Kunanyi (Mt. Wellington). Take in the famous pristine Tasmanian air as you drive up the 1272 meters to the pinnacle where you will be greeted by the very best view of Hobart and surroundings. After you take that perfect Instagram worthy selfie, you will have, no doubt, worked up a hunger! It is now time for Salamanca Market. This world class market offers the best of Tassie culture - art, produce, buskers, souvenirs, beverages and much more. After 90 minutes of exploring the markets (Saturdays only), enjoy a quick stop and a delicious free cheese sampling at the award-winning Wicked Cheese. Explore their large range of local homemade products and witness some behind the scenes cheese making. We will then make our way to Richmond, an iconic township rich in convict history, sandstone and colonial buildings and home to Australia’s oldest bridge and catholic church. We then make our way down to Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary where you can hand feed kangaroos and get up close and personal with all the unique Tasmanian Wildlife including the famous Tasmanian Devil. This is an absolute highlight, even for a local!
IncludesDriver/guide Live commentary on board Local guide Hotel pick-up and drop off within 5km of the city. (please indicate where you are staying so we can point you in the right direction) Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- If you would like to do both MONA and Bonorong, you need to pay an additional $50.00 per person - that includes entry and ferry back to Salamanca. Once in Salamanca you will have to find your own way back to your accommodation
- Mt Wellington can sometimes be closed due to bad weather. If mountain is closed Rosny Lookout will be the substitute.