My Guide Website?
Hobart: kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus Pass155 Reviews
Journey 1270 meters above sea level to the summit of kunanyi/Mt. Wellington, experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. Complete the 2-hour return tour including 30 minutes to explore the summit, or hop-on and hop-off along the way.
- Enjoy a 2-hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Discover the easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington
DescriptionHop aboard the Explorer Bus nearby Hobart’s waterfront and begin the 1270 meter ascent up kunanyi/Mt. Wellington. As you make the upward journey, you’ll be treated to spectacular views over Hobart and deep into the horizon. At the summit, explore the lookouts and observation shelter. Enjoy the freedom of being able to hop-on and hop-off the bus at whatever stop you choose. If you like, instead of taking the bus straight to the top you can get off at some of the stops along the way and then hop back on a later bus. Explore stops including Fern Tree Park, The Springs, The Chalet, Big Bend, and The Pinnacle. Discover a wide range of bushwalking tracks throughout Wellington Park, suitable for all ages and abilities. Afterward, hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart. Listen to an informative commentary as travel. Buses are wheelchair accessible and can carry mountain bikes, providing easier access to the growing network of mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
Includeskunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day Access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington Wellington Park bushwalking map Hop-on-hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel Professional and informative commentary Free Wi-Fi onboard the bus
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs, or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book a bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- The local partner's primary fleet of buses is wheelchair accessible. Some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please inform the local partner at the time of booking.