My Guide Website?
Kempton: Craft Distillery Tour with Gin & Whisky Tasting1 Reviews
Learn the history of Dysart House, visit Old Kempton Distillery, and enjoy a guided tasting of their products.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: Bruny Island Gourmet Sightseeing Day Tour
- Hobart: Bruny Island Wilderness Coast Eco Cruise with Lunch
- Hobart: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Via Richmond
- Learn the history of Dysart House and explore the grounds
- Treat yourself to a guided tasting of 4 premium spirits
- Enjoy 10% off Cellar Door range on the day of your tour
DescriptionDysart House has been home to the fully functioning distillery of Old Kempton since November 2015. Full of rich history and flavors, the place awaits you with its wide variety of spirits including single malt whisky, gin, and liqueurs made using 100% Tasmanian ingredients. Begin with an introduction to the history of Dysart House and an outline of the distillation process. Then, go behind the scenes with a visit to the distillery and bond store. See barrels of all different shapes and sizes with maturing Whisky. Ghost stories are all a part of the history of the house so keep your eyes peeled. Next, make yourself at home in the Cask Lounge, located in the grand coaching inn that is the Old Kempton cellar door. End with a guided tasting of a variety of 4 Old Kempton Distillery products. Lunch is served daily and highly recommended. Lunch options include local Tasmanian produce antipasto platters, Devonshire tea, and daily specials. Cocktails, coffee, and other tastings are available through the café which is open 10 AM-4 PM every day (not included in the tour price). Finish your afternoon in the Cellar Door full of Old Kempton Distillery products, spirits, and souvenirs that you can purchase as a reminder of your visit to Dysart House.
IncludesGuided tour of Old Kempton Distillery, Dysart House & craft distillery Tasting of 4 Old Kempton Spirits (choose from whisky, gin & liqueurs)
- The cafe is open 10 AM-4 PM daily if you wish to stay for lunch
- Tour will take place rain or shine. Please dress appropriately for the weather
- Umbrellas will be supplied in case of wet weather