My Guide Website?
Kunanyi & Mt Wellington Explorer Bus: One-Way Bus Pass10 Reviews
Travel one-way to the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington, 1270 meters above sea level and experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. Do the 50-minute one-way trip to the summit then walk or mountain bike back down the mountain.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Travel one-way by mini-bus to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and surrounds
- Make your own way back down the mountain to Hobart on foot or mountain bike
DescriptionThe Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus departs daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Travel one-way to the summit 1270 meters above sea level and experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. Use your One-Way Bus Pass to do the 50-minute one-way trip. Explore this diverse alpine landscape and the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park. Then make your own way back down the mountain to Hobart on foot or mountain bike. This tour includes a professional and informative commentary in English. The buses can carry your mountain bikes, providing easier access to the growing network of mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park. Participants can also walk from Kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit to Hobart and have a stunning 3-hour (13.6km) walk. The mountain bike ride from Kunanyi/Mt Wellington to the summit is approximately 1-hour.
IncludesOne-Way Bus Pass for Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, traveling from Hobart city to the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Access to Wellington Park and the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Wellington Park bushwalking map Professional and informative commentary Free Wi-Fi is available onboard the bus
- The temperature on Kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Check the weather before you go
- There’s limited access to food and water on Kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30-minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure