My Guide Website?
Strahan: Gordon River Cruise with Lunch & Sarah Island Walk90 Reviews
Join an award-winning wilderness cruise from Strahan complete with a chef-prepared buffet lunch. Expereince quiet cruising with electric motors, dedicated guides, and 2 exciting on-shore excursions.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Feast while on the water with a freshly-prepared, delicious buffet lunch
- Experience the beauty of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage area
- Soak up the serene beauty of western Tasmania through full-length windows
- Visit Sarah Island, a former convict settlement and shipyard
- Have the chance to experience the famous Gordon River reflections
DescriptionDiscover the Gordon River on this cruise into the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage area. Choose from 3 seating categories on this half-day adventure on a boat with a whisper-quiet electric motor. Savor a tasty lunch buffet and purchase drinks from the onboard cash bar. Depart from Strahan on Tasmania's west coast and embark on a cruise with dedicated guides and character-based interpretations that take you through the history of locations like Macquarie Harbor, Hells Gates, Heritage Landing, and Sarah Island. Glide thorugh the notorious Hells Gates, where the harbor and the Southern Ocean meet. Make your way across Macquarie Harbor to the fish farms to learn the fascinating story of salmon and trout farming on the west coast of Tasmania (and have a taste of the delicious produce). Head onto the Gordon River to take in the breathtaking scenery of the pristine World Heritage-listed wilderness. Stop at Heritage Landing to walk through the temperate rainforest and learn about the local flora and fauna while wandering elevated boardwalks that thread between magnificent rainforest species. Admire sassafras and myrtle and stand in awe next to the pride of the forest, an ancient Huon pine. To finish, explore the ruins of Sarah Island, a once dreaded penal colony. Hear convict tales that will send shivers up your spine. Dig into a mouthwatering buffet lunch along the way and have the option to buy drinks and snacks from the Main Deck cash bar. Listen to commentaries in German, French, Cantonese, and Mandarin. Use the headsets to hear about a number of key points of interest. Choose from seating options on the central main deck of next to the main deck window, or upgrade your ticket to the premier upper deck and recline in premium leather recliners, look out full-length windows, and have access to a private viewing deck and lounge area. Premier upper deck also receive access to a complimentary open bar, morning and afternoon tea and canapes. Return to your meeting point in Strahan at the end of your cruise.
IncludesGordon River cruise On-board guides Character-based interpretation with Captain James Kelly and Lady Jane Franklin Chef-prepared buffet lunch Two on-shore walking tours (Heritage Landing and Sarah Island) Restroom on board Premier Upper Deck Ticket Additional Inclusions Complimentary Tasmanian red, white and sparkling wines, as well as beers, juices, tea and espresso coffee Premium leather recliners with full-length windows Private viewing deck and lounge area Morning tea and afternoon tea with canapés
- Infants are free provided they do not occupy a seat
- This tour is wheelchair accessible on the main deck only (motor scooters are not permitted due to size limitations)
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers (in the highly unlikely event that it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund)
- A cash bar is available on the vessel's main deck
- Seating is ticketed and allocated, however, you are free to move around the vessel and use the open-air decks
- The weather on Tasmania’s west coast can be variable but that’s part of the attraction. Guests are encouraged to bring a rain jacket and a warm layer for when you step off the cruise into the World Heritage rainforest
- Sturdy footwear is advised
- The closest accommodation in Strahan is at Strahan Village, less than a 2-minute walk
- All day 'Pay & Display' parking is located 250m away from the terminal ( it is suggested that you bring coins to the value of 10 AUD)