My Guide Website?
Strahan: World Heritage Cruise on Gordon River with Lunch654 Reviews
Join a local family owned and operated company for a personal and friendly morning cruise. Enjoy a guided tour on Sarah Island, a Gordon River rainforest board walk, and a tour of Huon Pine Sawmill.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Discover the world heritage listed Gordon River on a morning cruise
- Savor a delicious lunch of local Tasmanian produce
- Enjoy a guided tour of Sarah Island
- Stroll through a UNESCO World Heritage listed ancient Rainforest
- Local family owned and operated for a personal friendly cruise
DescriptionYour cruise includes lunch, a 1-hour guided tour on Sarah Island, a 30-minute rainforest boardwalk at Heritage Landing on the Gordon River and a tour of Huon Pine Sawmill on return to Strahan. When booking, you can choose from 4 seating options Climb aboard a purpose-built catamaran that departs from Strahan Wharf and heads towards Hells Gates, the narrow-channel entrance to Macquarie Harbor. Pass ocean trout and Atlantic salmon farms en-route to Sarah Island. Take a 1-hour guided tour of the island to learn about the harsh conditions of Tasmania's first penal settlement. From Sarah Island, travel into the majestic world heritage listed Gordon River. Rediscover serenity while gliding deep into the ancient rainforest. Disembark at Heritage Landing for a stroll through the hushed, lichen-covered rainforest. Marvel at one of the forest's oldest inhabitants, a 2000-year-old Huon Pine. Your cruise adventure is accompanied by engaging on-board commentary on the area's human history, ecology and geology. The commentary is enriched with anecdotes from the Grining family’s own experiences from more than a century of cruising on the famous river. The included sumptuous lunch is freshly prepared daily and consists of a sample of local smoked salmon, cold meats, salads, Tasmanian cheeses, bread roll, and a sweet. There is also a licensed bar on-board where you can purchase drinks and snacks.
IncludesCruise with live commentary by the skipper and videos on local history Local staff on-board to answer any questions Guided tour of Sarah Island Gordon River rainforest board walk Lunch served to your seat, including all Tasmanian produce: cold meats, sample of smoked salmon, salads, cheese and biscuits, a bread roll, and a sweet Allocated inside seating with access to walk freely all over the vessel Morning tea including a hot beverage or soft drink with a muffin or a slice - upper deck seating only Children 4 years and under travel free - seating available in Main Deck Centre seating only
- There is additional outside seating available for all passengers
- A minimum of 10 participants is required for the cruise to operate
- Dress according to the weather and wear comfortable shoes
- Cruise operates daily - except for 25th December and 15th July to 15th August
- Stair access only to the upper deck
- The cruise schedule is subject to change June to August