Hobart: kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus Pass
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a 2-hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Discover the easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington
DescriptionHop aboard the Explorer Bus nearby Hobart’s waterfront and begin the 1270 meter ascent up kunanyi/Mt. Wellington. As you make the upward journey, you’ll be treated to spectacular views over Hobart and deep into the horizon. At the summit, explore the lookouts and observation shelter. Enjoy the freedom of being able to hop-on and hop-off the bus at whatever stop you choose. If you like, instead of taking the bus straight to the top you can get off at some of the stops along the way and then hop back on a later bus. Explore stops including Fern Tree Park, The Springs, The Chalet, Big Bend, and The Pinnacle. Discover a wide range of bushwalking tracks throughout Wellington Park, suitable for all ages and abilities. Afterward, hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart. Listen to an informative commentary as travel. Buses are wheelchair accessible and can carry mountain bikes, providing easier access to the growing network of mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
Includeskunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day Access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington Wellington Park bushwalking map Hop-on-hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel Professional and informative commentary Bike freight: $10 per bike (must be booked no later than 30 minutes prior to departure) Food and drinks Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs, or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book a bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- The local partner's primary fleet of buses is wheelchair accessible. Some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please inform the local partner at the time of booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
NavigatorsHobart, Hobart and South East
Relax on a full day cruise to Port Arthur and enjoy a stroll around the historic sight. Learn about local history and see rugged coastlines. Navigators also run a 3 ½ hr
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
State CinemaHobart, Hobart and South East
The State Cinema has been the home of quality film and programming since it first opened its doors to the public in 1913 as a moving picture house.............
Tassie Tag Along 4WD ToursUlverstone, North West Coast
Tassie Tag Along Tours offers 4WD tours of the West Coast of Tasmania. You'll need a 4WD and all your camping gear to 'tag along' and enjoy the views and adventure.
Tasman Peninsula Day Trip with Cruise & Devils from Hobart
Spend a day on the Tasman Peninsula with a return guided bus tour from Hobart, an award-winning wilderness cruise, morning tea, lunch and a visit to the Tasmanian Devil C16 ReviewsFrom A$245.00
World Heritage CruisesStrahan, Western Wilderness
Cruise the amazing Gordon River on a morning or afternoon cruise with the family owned and operated World Heritage Cruises. Visit Hell's Gates, the entrance to Macquarie
Redbanks Fish and FieldHobart, Hobart and South East
Redbanks is an adventure playground on 400 acres. One of the many activities available is fishing. Redbanks offers fly and lure fishing for trout on a catch and release
Wild Caves ToursMole-Creek, North West Coast
To have the opportunity to explore a natural or "wild cave" is an exciting experience. Wild Cave Tours run guided tours in the Mole Creek Karst which are suitable for be
Red Tag Trout ToursKingston, Hobart and South East
Red Tag Trout Tours specialise in fly-fishing rivers, streams and lake margins. Introductory fly fishing workshops are run to help you catch wild brown or rainbow trout.
Shutterbug WalkaboutsHobart, Hobart and South East
Would you like to learn how to take better photos and get more out of your camera while enjoying beautiful Tasmania? Shutterbug Walkabouts run photography tours and in-th