Hobart: kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus Pass
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a 2-hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Discover the easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington
DescriptionHop aboard the Explorer Bus nearby Hobart’s waterfront and begin the 1270 meter ascent up kunanyi/Mt. Wellington. As you make the upward journey, you’ll be treated to spectacular views over Hobart and deep into the horizon. At the summit, explore the lookouts and observation shelter. Enjoy the freedom of being able to hop-on and hop-off the bus at whatever stop you choose. If you like, instead of taking the bus straight to the top you can get off at some of the stops along the way and then hop back on a later bus. Explore stops including Fern Tree Park, The Springs, The Chalet, Big Bend, and The Pinnacle. Discover a wide range of bushwalking tracks throughout Wellington Park, suitable for all ages and abilities. Afterward, hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart. Listen to an informative commentary as travel. Buses are wheelchair accessible and can carry mountain bikes, providing easier access to the growing network of mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
Includeskunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day Access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington Wellington Park bushwalking map Hop-on-hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel Professional and informative commentary Bike freight: $10 per bike (must be booked no later than 30 minutes prior to departure) Food and drinks Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs, or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book a bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- The local partner's primary fleet of buses is wheelchair accessible. Some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please inform the local partner at the time of booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
The Long Lunch Tour companyHobart, Hobart and South East
The Long Lunch Tour Company is keen to share with you the cool climate vineyards and wines of the Hobart and Freycinet regions of Tasmania, coupled with sampling fine foo
Fish Wild TasmaniaHobart, Hobart and South East
Fish Wild Tasmania Hobart based guides will teach you how to fly fish or take experienced anglers to the most amazing and challenging places. Day or multi-day tours avail
CMAX DevonportDevonport, North West Coast
Enjoy the latest movies at CMAX Devonport with their comfy seats and amazing and modern technology. Special events also take place here while various facilities are avail
Bruny Island: Overnight Explorer with Accommodation
On this overnight adventure, enjoy a pure indulgence with nature and food. This is the ultimate way to explore Bruny Island and really settle into the groove of rest andFrom A$799.00
Woolnorth ToursStanley, North West Coast
Woolnorth Tours runs day and half day tours showcasing the Woolnorth Wind farm, Cape Grim and the Historic Woolnorth Homestead area. Tours are fully guided, with pick up
Irish Murphy's LauncestonLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Irish Murphy's is the place to visit for the Irish craic, live music 7 nights a week and a hearty meal. With Guinness on tap and Irish decor those from the Emerald Isle w
Bruny Island: Food Day Tour from Hobart
A boutique tour of some of Bruny Island's best kept culinary secrets.From A$180.00
King Island Wilderness WalksNaracoopa, King Island
Come and enjoy the unique beauty that King Island has to offer. King Island Wilderness Walks offers guests a variety of day walk options to suit different levels of fitne
Port Arthur: Small Group Tour
Discover Tasmania's infamous convict history and breathtaking nature on this action-packed, full-day tour. Learn how the early pioneers survived and began new journeys du1 ReviewsFrom A$125.00
Tasmanian HelicoptersLatrobe, North West Coast
Tasmanian Helicopters undertake a lot of commercial work with their seven helicopters, but are also available for charter and scenic flights. See them if you want to see