Hobart: kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus Pass
Are you a business owner in Tasmania?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Tasmania.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Enjoy a 2-hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Discover the easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington
DescriptionHop aboard the Explorer Bus nearby Hobart’s waterfront and begin the 1270 meter ascent up kunanyi/Mt. Wellington. As you make the upward journey, you’ll be treated to spectacular views over Hobart and deep into the horizon. At the summit, explore the lookouts and observation shelter. Enjoy the freedom of being able to hop-on and hop-off the bus at whatever stop you choose. If you like, instead of taking the bus straight to the top you can get off at some of the stops along the way and then hop back on a later bus. Explore stops including Fern Tree Park, The Springs, The Chalet, Big Bend, and The Pinnacle. Discover a wide range of bushwalking tracks throughout Wellington Park, suitable for all ages and abilities. Afterward, hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart. Listen to an informative commentary as travel. Buses are wheelchair accessible and can carry mountain bikes, providing easier access to the growing network of mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
Includeskunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day Access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington Wellington Park bushwalking map Hop-on-hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel Professional and informative commentary Bike freight: $10 per bike (must be booked no later than 30 minutes prior to departure) Food and drinks Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs, or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book a bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- The local partner's primary fleet of buses is wheelchair accessible. Some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please inform the local partner at the time of booking.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Tasmanian Boat ChartersHobart, Hobart and South East
Tasmanian Boat Charters is a family owned company who provide personalised charter services on demand for families, groups, companies and sightseers on their boat - Odali
Tasmania in 2 Days: Bay of Fires and Wineglass Bay
Explore the spectacular East Coast of Tasmania, including Bay Of Fires, Freycinet National Park, and Wineglass Bay. See Tasmanian Devils and Tasmania's breathtaking easte1 ReviewsFrom A$295.00
Tasman Island CruisesPort-Arthur, Hobart and South East
Tasman Island Cruises show you the coastline of the Tasman Peninsula, including the highest sea cliffs in Australia. Take in the wildlife and scenery with a 3hr cruise o
Windeward Bound Sailing AdventuresHobart, Hobart and South East
Fancy a jaunt on the Derwent River in a sailing ship? Sailing aboard the 33 metre brigantine "Windeward Bound" is a delightful way to see the beauty of Hobart and surro
Scuba CentreWynyard, North West Coast
The Scuba Centre at Wynyard has been offering dive courses, charter dives, air fills, equipment sales, service and hire for over two decades.............
Freycinet National Park Full Day 4WD Tour with Lunch
Explore the pure white beaches, azure bays and unique wildlife as your local guide pilots you around the picturesque Tasmanian coast. Soak up the stunning views from theFrom A$260.00
Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Day Trip from Hobart
Visit Freycinet National Park and Wineglass Bay on a day tour from Hobart. Take in stunning views, savor fresh seafood and enjoy scenic walks.115 ReviewsFrom A$115.00
Tasmanian EscapeLaunceston, Launceston and Central North
Fly lure or bait fishing in lakes, rivers or streams with all equipment supplied. Singles or groups welcome with family groups up to six specially catered for. Day trips
Cape Bruny Lighthouse Sunset Tour
Join a small-group sunset lighthouse tour on Bruny Island. Perfect if you are staying on Bruny Island! Self drive into the South Bruny National Park to the Cape Bruny Lig2 ReviewsFrom A$45.00
Peppermint Bay Lunch Cruise from Hobart
Get scenic views of the south coast of Tasmania on a cruise from Hobart. Enter the picturesque D'Entrecasteaux Channel, and then enjoy a fabulous fresh produce lunch at t24 ReviewsFrom A$118.00