My Guide Website?
Hobart: Hastings Caves, Tahune Airwalk, and Huon Valley Tour33 Reviews
Join a guided day tour from Hobart to visit the Huon Valley's top attractions. Explore the incredible cave system of Hastings Caves and walk in the treetops on the Tahune Airwalk.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: Bruny Island Gourmet Sightseeing Day Tour
- Hobart: Bruny Island Wilderness Coast Eco Cruise with Lunch
- Hobart: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Via Richmond
- Feel the thrill of an adventurous day in the great outdoors of Southern Tasmania
- Explore one of the only Dolomite caves in Australia at Hastings Caves
- Follow the Huon Pine Trail to see some of the world's tallest and oldest trees
- Stand 50 metres above the forest floor on the Tahune Airwalk's cantilever
- Soak in views of the mountains of the Tasmanian Wilderness World Heritage Area
DescriptionMorning Embark on our favourite day tour from Hobart to Hastings Cave and Tahune Airwalk in Tasmania's Far South. Leaving Hobart, we quickly descend into the beautiful Huon Valley as we embark on our two hour journey. We drive through the beautiful winding roads of the Deep South as we stretch our legs at the wooden boat building town of Franklin before we head to our first destination, Hastings Caves. After a quick walk through a spectacular cool temperature rainforest, we head underground with a specialist guides. They will expertly guide you through the largest dolomite cave open to visitors in Australia. Above all, you will learn about the spectacular stalactites, columns, shawls and stalagmites. Although underground, the cave is spacious with no narrow passages. However, there are 250 stairs with handrails leading you in and out of Hastings Cave. Following our visit to Hastings Caves, we explore more of the Huon Valley as we wind through the countryside toward Tahune Airwalk. Middle of the day Between October and April we stop at the historic Kermandie Hotel. Built in 1932, the charming Kermandie remains the heart of Port Huon. Here you can enjoy a delicious lunch (not included in price) with spectacular views over its private marina on the Huon River. Alternatively, in the colder months you can enjoy lunch (not included in price) at the Tahune Airwalk café. Afternoon After lunch our tour ventures into the forest at Tahune, where we will spend two hours exploring the forest. Here you get to walk among the treetops on the Tahune Airwalk – a steel canopy that overlooks the forest floor 30 metres below. Breathe deep as you do a forest walk and be brave as you cross the river on a swinging bridge. Scared of heights? No problem! Follow the sturdy footpath or relax on the deck overlooking the forest and enjoy a drink or snack from the cafe. Follow the Huon Pine Trail to see and smell one of Australia’s oldest living trees. Find out how fire has affected the forest and see first-hand the natural regeneration that occurs in a forest environment. Finally, you can sit back and relax as we make our tour makes its way back to Hobart after a fun day out amongst the natural surrounds of Southern Tasmania. We aim to get you back to Hobart by about 5:30pm ready for you to rest at your hotel or enjoy a range of cuisines at one of Hobart's many fine restaurants.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Guide Guided tour through Hastings Caves Thermal Spring Pool entry fee Tahune Adventures entry fee
- Please ensure you wear or bring warm clothing as inside the caves can be just a chilly 9 degrees.