Best Railways in Tasmania
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Tasmania team
Railway journeys in Tasmania are a visit to the past with the last regular passenger train finishing in 1978. You can visit a railway museum at Don River Railway and wander around the large display of steam and diesel engines.
Discover the stories of the pioneers who laboured in harsh conditions to build the railways. Take a trip on Australia's southernmost railway from the end of which you can take a stroll to a remote bay. Marvel from a steam locomotive at the unyielding terrain on the West Coast through which railways were built, including an Abt rack and pinion system.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: Bruny Island Gourmet Sightseeing Day Tour
- Hobart: Bruny Island Wilderness Coast Eco Cruise with Lunch
- Hobart: Wineglass Bay & Freycinet National Park Via Richmond