My Guide Website?
Port Arthur Historic Site Entry Ticket337 Reviews
The UNESCO World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site brings Australia’s early convict history to life. Site entry tickets include a self-guided audio experience, free talks, and a harbor cruise.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Explore at your own pace with a self-guided audio experience
- Engage with expert guides with free site talks daily
- Get out on the water with a harbor cruise around the Isle of the Dead
- Connect with historical characters through personalized stories
DescriptionExplore the award-winning iconic attraction, the Port Arthur Historic Site. Just a short 1.5 hour drive from nipaluna / Hobart in turrakana / the Tasman Peninsula, the Port Arthur Historic Site has over 30 buildings, ruins and restored period homes set in 40 hectares of landscaped grounds. Allow plenty of time to fully experience all that Port Arthur has to offer. Site entry tickets are valid for daytime entry for two consecutive days and includes a harbor cruise, a self-guided audio experience, and complimentary site talks by expert guides throughout the site. Start your experience in the Port Arthur Gallery where you can select a character card to connect with one of the convicts, soldiers, or free settlers that spent time in this secondary punishment station. Listen to personal histories of the people of Port Arthur and explore the collections of artifacts that have been uncovered there. Stream the Port Arthur Experience as you venture through the convict ruins and lush gardens at your own pace. Wander through meticulously curated house museums and engage with expert guides with free presentations throughout the day. A short harbor cruise will present the site to you as the convicts would have experienced back in the 1800s. Enjoy historical commentary as you cruise around the Isle of the Dead and past the Dockyards and Point Puer the site of the first Boys Prison in the British Empire.
IncludesSite entry ticket (valid for two consecutive days) Self-guided audio experience 20-minute harbor cruise Complimentary site talks by expert guides and specialist staff Access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, gardens, and restored houses on the site Courtesy shuttle service for people who may have restricted mobility Free wi-fi
- Select the Family Pass option when booking if your group includes 2 adults and up to 6 children ages 7-17
- Entry ticket does not include additional guided tours such as the Convict Tour, Commandants Tour, Escape from Port Arthur Tour, Wheel of Fate or Ghost tours
- Cruise ship passengers are not required to pay site entry
- A complimentary shuttle service for people with restricted mobility is available onsite between 10 AM and 3 PM daily, with an extended service offered during summer
- Harbor cruise departure times will be allocated on arrival, or you can contact the activity provider after booking