My Guide Website?
Port Arthur Historic Site Entry Ticket213 Reviews
The UNESCO World Heritage-listed Port Arthur Historic Site brings Australia’s early convict history to life. Site entry tickets are valid for two consecutive days and include a guided walking tour, harbor cruise, and access to historic ruins.
- Enjoy a 40-minute introductory guided walking tour
- Learn of the importance of the maritime history of the site with a 25-minute harbor cruise
- Explore over 100-acres of the Historic Site with an entry ticket valid for two consecutive days
- Discover how the penal colony operated with over 30 historic buildings and ruins onsite to explore
DescriptionEnjoy full access to Port Arthur Historic Site on the Tasman Peninsula with an entry ticket valid for daytime entry for two consecutive days. Located 90 minutes from Hobart, the Historic Site has over 30 buildings, ruins and restored period homes set in 40 hectares of landscaped grounds. Discover fun, interactive experiences for all ages such as the Lottery of Life and the Museum and Convict Study Centre in the Asylum building. Explore the Convict Water Supply Trail and the Dockyard. Allow plenty of time to fully experience all that Port Arthur has to offer! Your admission includes a visitor guide with a map and a 40-minute guided walking tour that gives you a great introduction to Port Arthur, its people, and its past. As part of your admission, you can also enjoy a 25-minute harbor cruise on the MV Marana. The walking tours and cruises run several times a day, subject to availability.
IncludesSite Entry Ticket (valid for two consecutive days) 40-minute Introductory Guided Walking Tour 25-minute Harbor Cruise Access to more than 30 historic buildings, ruins, gardens and restored houses on the site Shuttle buggy service for people who may have restricted mobility
- Select the Family Pass option when booking if your group includes 2 adults and up to 6 children ages 7-17
- Entry ticket does not include Isle of Dead, Point Puer, or Ghost tours; these are available for purchase separately on GetYourGuide
- Cruise ship passengers are not required to pay site entry
- A shuttle buggy service for people with restricted mobility is available on site between 10:00 am and 3:00 pm daily with an extended service offered during summer
- Walking tour and cruise departure times will be allocated on arrival or you can contact the local operator after booking