From Hobart: Port Arthur and Tasmanian Devil Unzoo Day Tour14 Reviews
Discover the history and beauty of the Tasman Peninsula on a full-day tour. Visit Port Arthur, walk along Waterfall Bay, observe a Tasmanian devil feeding, and try local artisan chocolate.
- Explore Port Arthur Historic Site, a UNESCO World Heritage-listed convict settlement
- Experience the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo and hand feed the wallabies
- See the Tasman National Park highlights of Tasman Arch and Devil's Kitchen
- Sample local chocolates made at Federation Artisan Chocolate
- Wander the streets of historic Richmond Village
DescriptionThis action-packed day tour starts with an early morning hotel pickup in Hobart. Drive directly to the stunning Tasman Peninsula, home to Australia’s highest sea cliffs. Witness the spectacular scenery with panoramic views from Pirates Bay Lookout. Passing through the isthmus of Eaglehawk Neck and the “dog line,” your tour guides will share with you the fascinating history and stories of the area. Next, begin one of Tasmania’s “Great Short Walks.” Follow a 2-km track along the Waterfall Bay cliff top. This undulating walk takes around 45–60 minutes and is categorized as an easy walk. The track concludes at the remarkable rock formations of Tasman Arch and Devil’s Kitchen. The next stop is the Tasmanian Devil Unzoo. Check out the action of a Tasmanian devil feeding — watch the snarling, fighting, and bone crushing in a spectacle of devilish behavior. Hand feed the wallabies and walk among the local fauna and flora in the charming “unzoo” setting. Continuing your journey, arrive at the Port Arthur Historic Site. Spend 2.5 hours exploring this former convict settlement, taking in the wealth of information and history of the early Australian penal system. Your entry includes a harbor cruise around the Isle of the Dead and a guided walking tour. Before returning to Hobart, stop at Federation Artisan Chocolate, a boutique, family-run chocolate factory, with a variety of flavors to sample. In the late afternoon, arrive in historic Richmond Village. Meander the streets, stop for a coffee, and walk across Australia’s oldest bridge still in use today. Finally, check out a fabulous view of Hobart from a local lookout — a picturesque way to return to the city. You’ll be dropped off at your Hobart accommodation around 6:00 PM.
IncludesPick up from select city center hotels and hostels Airport drop-off available on request with prior arrangement Tasmanian Devil Unzoo entrance fee Port Arthur Historic Site entrance fee and guided walking tour Port Arthur harbor cruise Chocolate tasting Professional guides and interpretation Small-group tour Food and drinks
- Please note, this tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health, fitness, and physical abilities is essential
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Please bring your own lunch or you can buy it on the day
- A minimum number of guests is required
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now