My Guide Website?
From Hobart: Port Arthur, Richmond, & Tasman Peninsula Tour24 Reviews
Discover Tasmania's rich heritage on a trip from Hobart to the Tasman Peninsula. Get picked up from your hotel to visit the town of Richmond and the Port Arthur Historic Site, with a cruise included.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Travel back in time with a visit to the old convict colony of Port Arthur
- Learn about Tasmania's history, culture and nature from your tour guide
- Explore the well-preserved colonial village of Richmond and grab a coffee
- Enjoy a scenic harbor cruise and a stop at the Port Arthur Lavender Farm
- Discover the amazing formations of Devil's Kitchen and the Tasman Arch
DescriptionVisit Port Arthur Historic Site, part of the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Australian Convict Sites, on this day trip from Hobart. Learn about the site’s history as a convict colony on a walking tour, visit ruins and restored buildings, and appreciate the coastal scenery of the Tasman Peninsula. Get picked up from your Hobart hotel and start with a visit to the well-preserved colonial village of Richmond. See Australia's oldest bridge and take the chance to grab a coffee from the Richmond bakery. Head south to the Tasman Peninsula and admire Pirates Bay lookout and Tessellated pavements. Upon arrival at the Port Arthur Historic Site, learn the story of the convict settlement and the terrifying realities of life as a prisoner among the preserved jail ruins. Take a cruise of the harbor to see the site from a different perspective, and enjoy extra time to explore on your own. During your return to Hobart, stop at the Port Arthur Lavender Farm for an opportunity to taste lavender ice cream and explore the lavender fields. Finally, discover the geological formations of the Tasman Arch, Devil's Kitchen, and Blow Hole before riding back to your hotel.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation during the activity Tour guide Harbor cruise Port Arthur entry fee
- Tours booked from June 20th to October 15th at AUD$99 have entrance fees excluded. Entrance fees are AUD$45 per person
- This is a small-group tour with a maximum number of 11 guests per trip
- You are welcome to bring along your own lunch or there will be stops along the way where you can purchase lunch. Food, drinks, and toilets are easily accessible throughout the day
- Pickup is available from most hotels within the central Hobart area