My Guide Website?
From Hobart: Moorilla's Wine Meets Mona Art Day Tour10 Reviews
Drink wine and flirt with art on a self-guided tour. Enjoy a wine tasting at Moorilla Estate, lunch at the Source Restaurant and explore Mona, the Museum of Old and New Art.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Cruise the MR-1 Fast Ferry from Hobart across the Derwent River
- Get your art fix at Mona (the Museum of Old and New Art)
- Enjoy seasonal produce with lunch at The Source Restaurant
- Take a vinyard tour of Moorilla Estate Winery
DescriptionEnjoy a unique Tasmanian winery experience that includes world-class art on this self-guided tour from Hobart as you visit Moorilla Estate and discover Mona, the Museum of Old And New Art. Wine and art. A match made in the proverbial. Moorilla used to just be a winery, then a gambler called David filled the place with art and antiquities. Once he ran out of room, he built a museum to hold it all, called Mona. This experience is all about showing you the whole shebang. Start by sailing from Hobart to Mona on one of their super-flash ferries (featuring on-board bars if you want to get the wine flowing early). Once you land, begin your self-guided exploration of the museum and grounds, working up an appetite for a lunch of fresh, locally sourced produce in one of the on-site restaurants featuring a matched Moorilla wine. After lunch, meet up with your Moorilla host, who’ll walk you down to the vineyard, covering the rich history of Moorilla and the finer points of our winemaking techniques as you go. The stroll will wind up back at the sun-drenched Moorilla cellar door, where you’ll settle in for some further tasting of the Moorilla range before heading back to Hobart on the early evening ferry.
IncludesRound trip ferry transfers Museum entrance fees One-course lunch with a glass of wine Guided vineyard tour and tasting
- • All travelers must contact the local partner before the tour
- Bookings are subject to availability, expect confirmation or offer for alternate dates within 48 hours via email from local operator
- As alcohol will be served, all guests must be over the age of 18-years-old and ID may be requested
- Allow 6.5 or 8-hours for the self-guided tour, depending on the chosen ferry departure time
- A direct ferry trip between Brooke Street Pier and Mona will take around 25 minutes
- The ferry is undercover and sails in rain, hail or shine
- There are 99 steps upon arrival at Mona, if you have accessibility requirements please request to use the tunnel access