My Guide Website?
Hobart: 2-Day Bruny Island and Port Arthur Experience
Discover two of Tasmania's best tourist attractions over two days, returning to Hobart in between. Uncover the natural beauty of Bruny Island on the first day, before taking a 4-hour tour of the Historic Port Arthur penal colony on your second day.
- Experience the natural beauty of Bruny Island
- Discover easy to moderate walking trails along beaches, lagoons, rainforest, and lookouts
- Look for unique local wildlife, including the rare albino wallaby
- Unwind in the afternoon and enjoy some award-winning local produce
- Explore Tasmania's number-one tourist attraction, the Port Arthur Historic Site
DescriptionDay 1: Bruny Island Your tour departs Hobart at 7:30AM, from where you make your way to Mavista Falls. Step into this temperate rainforest and smell the clean crisp air as you take in mother nature’s provisions. This 20-minute round-trip walk gives you an idea of the many environments on this magnificent island. Following your rainforest walk, travel to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse to spend 30 minutes exploring the picturesque Cape Bruny, home to the second-oldest original tower in Australia. You then travel to the Neck to capture the iconic Bruny Island image from atop the 360-degree lookout. From there, receive views of the Tasman Sea, Tasman peninsula, North and South Bruny Island, and Mt. Wellington. Time for lunch at a Bruny Island pub is then provided, with options for all diets available. Alternatively, you can bring your own food and drinks. Following lunch, there is the option to travel to Bruny Island Premium Wines to enjoy $5 wine tastings. You then advance to Adventure Bay - the largest little seaside town on the island. Spend some time on the famous local beach, which has seen some of the world’s most famous explorers land. Get Shucked Oyster Bar is next on your agenda, where you have the chance to purchase what Tasmania is famous for: Oysters. Following that, your arrives back in Hobart at approximately 5:30PM. Day 2: Port Arthur Your Port Arthur tour is a direct bus to the historical site where you will have 4 hours to explore the site at your own leisure. Your guides recommend taking the free introductory walking tour and the harbor cruise, both of which are included in the site admission fee. This 7-hour tour departs Hobart at 10:30AM, arriving at 12:00PM to the main entrance of the Port Arthur Historic Site. Following your 4-hour tour, depart from the main entrance at 4:00PM before arriving back in Hobart at around 5:30PM.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (within 5 kilometers of the Hobart CBD) Professional, local guide On-board audio to hear your tour guide clearly National park entrance fees Cheese tastings at Wicked Cheese and Bruny Island Bruny Island ferry ticket
- • Pickup and drop-off is available from select locations around Hobart • Please contact the local partner after booking to arrange your pickup details • A minimum number of participants are required for this activity to operate (in the unlikely event that the minimum number is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund) • Please check the weather forecast for advice on correct clothing
- It is advised that you bring appropriate footwear, especially for Bruny Island
- Please bring a towel, camera, flip flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen • Guests are welcome to bring their own food
- Your guides like to mix up the tour and go to sites on Bruny Island that match the day's weather and desires of the tour group