My Guide Website?
Hobart: 2-Day Bruny Island and Port Arthur Experience2 Reviews
Discover two of Tasmania's best tourist attractions. Uncover the natural beauty of Bruny Island on the first day. Historic Port Arthur penal colony and Tasman Peninsula sights on your second day.
- Experience the natural beauty of Bruny Island and award-winning local produce
- Discover walking trails along beaches, lagoons, rainforest, and lookouts
- Look for unique local wildlife, including the rare albino wallaby
- Explore lookouts, monuments and taste local produce on the Tasman Peninsula
- Step back in time at the Port Arthur Historic Site
DescriptionDay 1: Bruny Island Your tour departs Hobart at 7:30AM, from where you make your way to Mavista Falls. Step into this temperate rainforest and smell the clean crisp air as you take in mother nature’s provisions. This 20-minute round-trip walk gives you an idea of the many environments on this magnificent island. Following your rainforest walk, travel to the Cape Bruny Lighthouse to spend 30 minutes exploring the picturesque Cape Bruny, home to the second-oldest original tower in Australia. You then travel to the Neck to capture the iconic Bruny Island image from atop the 360-degree lookout. From there, receive views of the Tasman Sea, Tasman peninsula, North and South Bruny Island, and Mt. Wellington. Time for lunch at a Bruny Island pub is then provided, with options for all diets available. Alternatively, you can bring your own food and drinks. Following lunch, there is the option to travel to Bruny Island Premium Wines to enjoy $5 wine tastings. You then advance to Adventure Bay - the largest little seaside town on the island. Spend some time on the famous local beach, which has seen some of the world’s most famous explorers land. Get Shucked Oyster Bar is next on your agenda, where you have the chance to purchase what Tasmania is famous for: Oysters. Following that, you arrive back in Hobart at approximately 5:30PM. Day 2: Port Arthur YOn route to Port Arthur, we will stop at Eaglehawk Neck’s Pirate Bay lookout and the Dog Line monument to soak up the scenery and have a photo opportunity or two! The next stop will have the mouths of sweet tooths watering as we visit the Tasmanian Chocolate Foundry. Following the chocolate factory, we will visit the beautiful Port Arthur Lavender Farm. Explore the unique handmade products made from Tasmanian Lavender and take a stroll around the scenic lavender trail. Up next is the Port Arthur Historic Site. Immerse yourself in the fascinating, rich and dark history of the best-preserved penal settlement in Australia. Admission is at own cost and entry fee will include a 35-minute guided walking tour and a 20-minute harbour cruise. If history is what you came for, enjoy the full 4 hours exploring the historic site. If you are up for one more experience, then you can hop back onboard the bus after 3 hours for a trip to the Remarkable Cave. Just a short 8-minute drive away, you will be greeted with the spectacular vista of Maingon Bay. At the lookout you can take in the exceptional views of Penguin Rocks and the bay. You can then descend down the 115 steps to view the Remarkable Cave from a viewing platform where you will be surrounded by ancient sandstone cliffs. We will then return back to the historic site to pick up the remaining passengers and then return to Hobart at 5:30pm.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off (within 5 kilometers of the Hobart CBD) Professional, local guide On-board audio to hear your tour guide clearly National park entrance fees Bruny Island ferry ticket
- • Pickup and drop-off is available from select locations around Hobart • Please contact the local partner after booking to arrange your pickup details • A minimum number of participants are required for this activity to operate (in the unlikely event that the minimum number is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or full refund) • Please check the weather forecast for advice on correct clothing
- It is advised that you bring appropriate footwear, especially for Bruny Island
- Please bring a towel, camera, flip flops, sunglasses, and sunscreen • Guests are welcome to bring their own food
- Your guides like to mix up the tour and go to sites on Bruny Island that match the day's weather and desires of the tour group
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromA$225.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today