My Guide Website?
Hobart: Port Arthur Tour with Cruise and Isle of the Dead79 Reviews
Learn about Port Arthur's convict era and gain insights into its past on a guided tour from Hobart. Explore Tasman National Park, cruise along Carnarvon Bay, and walk around the Isle of the Dead.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Pre-arranged streamlined entry into Port Arthur Historic Site
- Visit the best of Tasman National Park
- Enjoy a harbour cruise around Isle of the Dead
- Includes 1-hour guided walking tour on Isle of the Dead
- Visit Remarkable Cave & Maingon Bay Lookout
DescriptionEmbark on a tour full of contrasts — compelling tales of the harsh lives of convicts combined with the breathtaking scenery of the Tasman Peninsula. Your passionate Tasmanian driver guides will entertain you with personal insights and information about wildlife and other points of interest during the bus tour and are on hand to assist you throughout the day. From Hobart, cross the Tasman Bridge and head into the Coal River Valley, an award-winning wine region, through the historic town of Richmond with a short photo stop at the famous convict-built Richmond Bridge. Visit Tasman National Park, where you’ll marvel at the spectacle of Tasman Arch and enjoy superb views of the rugged coastline. Be in awe of the wonderful views from Pirates Bay Lookout. Arriving at Port Arthur, join one of the complimentary site talks and enjoy free time to explore many of the restored buildings and ruins. See the penitentiary, the separate prison, the commandant's house, the church, and more. Visit the interpretation center with its interactive exhibits and displays and follow the harrowing life of a convict. Enjoy a cruise around Carnarvon Bay and a 1 hour guided walking tour on the Isle of the Dead Purchase lunch with plenty of time for quiet contemplation in the beautifully maintained gardens and to explore the many restored historic buildings of Port Arthur. Ask your driver about the optional, included Remarkable Cave tour. On our return to Hobart, we enjoy a brief stop at Tasmanian Chocolate Foundry where you can indulge the senses and browse the selection of hand-made chocolate gifts using the finest Belgian coverture chocolate.
IncludesPort Arthur admission and Guided Tour Free Wi-Fi onboard coach Harbor cruise Guided tour of the Isle of the Dead Hotel pickup and drop off Transportation in Premium Touring Coach Professional and Friendly Driver Guide
- The cruise is not suitable for those with mobility issues Food and drinks will not be provided