My Guide Website?
Launceston: Cradle Mountain National Park Day Trip with Hike82 Reviews
Discover Tasmania’s alpine heart and tick the World-Heritage-listed site of Cradle Mountain off your bucket list on a guided day trip from Launceston.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Tasmania:If youʻre booking your trip to Tasmania last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch
- Launceston: Tamar Valley Wine Tour with Lunch and Cheese
- Hobart: 2.5-hour Iron Pot Lighthouse Cruise
- Hobart: Bruny Island Adventure with Lunch & Lighthouse Tour
- From Port Arthur: Tasman Island Wilderness Cruise
- Explore Cradle Mountain National Park and World Heritage Area
- Take on the Dove Lake circuit walk or, take on the harder walk to the lofty view
- Visit Sheffield the ‘Town of Murals’ with over 30 murals painted across the town showing the history of the area
- Walk along the Rainforest City and Pencil Pine Falls tracks
- Enjoy a delicious stop at Van Dieman’s Land Ice Creamery & Christmas Hills Farm
DescriptionCradle Mountain’s jagged silhouette is unmistakable. Standing 1545 metres above sea level amongst glacial lakes, alpine moorland and World Heritage Listed wilderness, this iconic mountain is pure untamed Tassie. On this full day tour, you’ll score front row seats. After leaving Launceston we stop in the quirky town of Sheffield, the town of murals, a unique open air art gallery. Stop enroute at a local bakery where you can purchase something for the lunch stop at the picnic area at Cradle Mountain National Park. Pick from a tasty selection of sandwiches, rolls, and wraps. From there we head into the mountains along winding roads fringed by rainforest to arrive at Cradle Mountain National Park. We begin our adventures with an easy guided walk to Pencil Pine Falls, a stunning cascade of pristine water. After that it’s onto our main walk of the day, Dove Lake Circuit, a comfortable 6km circumnavigation of the glassy lake that sits at the bottom of Cradle Mountain. The views are epic. If you’re looking for a challenge, tackle the hike to Marion’s Lookout. An uphill climb rewards you with breathtaking views of Cradle Mountain, Little Horn, Smithies Peak and so many mirrored lakes. Our last stop is Van Diemen’s Ice Creamery and Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm for well-earned treats crafted from the finest Tasmanian dairy and produce. A sweet end to a heavenly day.
IncludesNational Park entrance fee Guides Guided walks Van transportation
- This tour is active and involves some walking. Although most of the walks are classified as easy, a suitable level of general health and fitness and physical abilities is essential
- This is an outdoor activity. Please dress appropriately for the weather conditions
- Please bring sensible shoes for walking, a variety of warm and weatherproof clothing, a hat, sunscreen and large water bottle
- You will stop enroute to the National Park to buy lunch/snacks to take along with you for your tour. This stop is in a regional town at a local bakery. The selection includes sandwiches, rolls, wraps, etc. If you have special dietary requirements or prefer other choices, you may wish to come prepared with your own food of choice
- The weather at Cradle Mountain is very changeable year round and you need to be prepared for any weather, regardless of the time of year. We recommend packing and dressing with layers of clothing. It is not uncommon to experience snow and icy winds in January.