Maria Island: Day Trip with Walk, Wombats, and Picnic Lunch21 Reviews
Experience Tasmanian life with two beach side walks, a ferry trip and locally sourced food and wine. Visit the Fossil cliffs and the Painted Cliffs while learning the history of the area.
- Spot the wild life while picnicking, wombats, wallabies, kangaroos, cape barren geese, Tasmanian native hens and Tasmanian devils
- Explore a historic convict penal station
- Discover the Fossil Cliffs
- Visit the amazing 250 million year old sandstone Painted Cliffs
DescriptionBeginning your tour with a 7:20 AM departure. Enjoy an early-morning coffee or tea while learning about the history of the island. Hear tales of the Aboriginal people, about whaling cultures, convicts, of the industrial effects and of the wildlife sanctuary of today. All while surrounded by beautiful views of Mercury Passage towards Maria Island. Afterward you will be driven to Triabunna, where a scenic ferry will take you to Darlington. Spend the morning walking to Fossil Cliffs on an hour and half hike. Enjoy the views of Bishop and Clerk and watch the local wildlife in their natural environment. Enjoy a freshly-prepared lunch inside a heritage listed building that once processed convicts. All produce is locally sourced and represents Tasmania's fresh, world-class reputation for fine food. Afterward walk to the vibrant Painted Cliffs, while learning of the rich and natural history of the island. The remainder of the noon, you will be able to relax sipping at premium local wines, while keeping an eye out for spotting more wildlife. The day ends with a hotel drop off around 5:30 PM. Tour leaves Hobart from the Hobart travel and information center at 7:20 AM.
IncludesHotel drop-off Bus transport Return ferry ticket National Park Pass Morning tea/coffee Freshly cooked lunch Wine/beer Professional local guides
- Clothing Recommendations: Comfortable shoes as there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces; Rain jacket and/or warm jumper depending on weather forecast
- What to Bring: Water bottle; Sun protection (hat, sunglasses, sunblock etc.); Small backpack for water bottle and personal belongings
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now